We Are Grounders: II

I entered my tent to see what I could carry on the way to the ocean. I put on my jacket and grabbed my dagger just in case. Even though Cyrus had called it a "trinket" it was better than nothing with an army of Grounders out in the woods. Thinking back to the day when they made their deal, for her to become a warrior, felt like a lifetime ago. Unless I would see him tonight, that would be the last time I would ever see him. A tear fell down my face.

"Hey its time to go." I turned around to see that Octavia was standing in front of me, with her sword in its holster. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Just gonna miss this place is all." I lie.

"Come on." She grabbed my hand and pulled me outside the tent and towards the crowd. The guards opened the doors and we started to make our way out. Octavia and I were in the front of the crowd leading the way as Miller began to talk about surfing at the beach.

"The waves wouldn't be large enough here. Does this look like a tropical island?" I questioned, annoyed with their calm attitudes.

Octavia then held up her hand, halting the crowd.

"What is it?" Jasper asks and then says he doesn't see anything. I glance over to Octavia and see the worry in her eyes. Suddenly out of nowhere Drew gets a blade to his face. His eyes turn blood red as everyone takes a step back in fright. "Grounders!" Jasper yells.

I help carry Drews body back to camp as everyone is racing in to safety. The gates finally shut and we are safe, for now.

"Lincoln said the scouts would be the first to arrive." I hear Clarke state which draws my attention as I make my way to her.

"If it's just scouts we can fight our way out. That's what Lincoln would do." Octavia says.

"We're done doing what that Grounder would do. We tried it and now Drew is dead. You want to be next?" Bellamy exclaims.

"That Grounder saved our lives. I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there's one scout out there." Finn stated.

"One scout with insanely good aim." Jasper adds.

"Jasper and Bellamy are right. We simply don't have what it takes to be out in the woods. Were not trained and were most definitely more vulnerable."

Octavia looked at me in disbelief and then turned to Clarke, "Clarke we can still do this."

"Looking to you, Princess. What's it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stand and fight back?" Bellamy asked. I could tell Clarke was thinking of the best outcome for us. Where we don't die. She hops down from the guard tower still thinking.

"Clarke. If we're still here when Tristan gets here--" Finn attempts to make sure we leave camp, but is cut off.

"Lincoln said 'scouts'. More than one. He said 'get home before the scouts arrive'. Finn, they're already here." She then turns around and faces my brother, "looks like you've got your fight."

"Ok, then. This is what we've been preparing for." Bellamy smirks and shouts. "Kill them before they kill us. Gunners to your posts." Everyone starts getting into position. "Use the tunnels to get in and out. From now on the gate stays closed." Jasper and Harper make their way to the west tunnels and I see Sterling head for the south. Octavia is about to head out when Bellamy stops her. "Whoa, whoa, whoa." He turns her around, "you're not a gunner."

"No I'm not." She states. "Like you said..." she lifts her sword, "I'm a Grounder." Octavia then heads of to the foxholes. Bellamy then looks at me and raises his shoulders in confusion.

"Let her do her thing. As we both know, she is adventurous." I smirk. "Now what's the plan?"

Finn, Raven, Clarke, Bellamy and I all meet up in the drop ship to discuss the plans. "We've got 25 rifles with 20 rounds each, give or take. Roughly 500 rounds of ammo." Bellamy looks to Finn and Clarke, "while you two were gone, we made some improvements. Thanks to Raven the gully is mined."