contest| astral mother, rd. 1

DISCLAIMER, VERY IMPORTANT: When you join a contest, do start your entries in time and do them bit by bit. Don't follow my example, don't be scared of the prompt and don't start your entry last minute, and for ducks sake, do not stay up untill 3 AM to finish it. Sleep is important, YOLO attitude is not always healthy.

I've joined a long term contest (is that the proper word?) hosted by Antionicha. The challenge in the first round was that our prompt was like a box of chocolate - you don't know what you're gonna get.

My box of chocolate looked like this:

Color scheme : Red and Purple

 Word : School

 Genre : Paranormal 

 Background : A Forest

Looking at this with fresh eyes, it doesn't look all that bad, though it could use some lighting band aids here and there. The color scheme is not exactly red and purple, it has some sprinkles of yellow and orange, and it does have reds in it. I decided to leave those colors because I couldn't adjust them how I wanted and they do break the two-color scheme a bit.

I really wanted to do a fancy, beveled text (I think I had Mirosa, but I'm not sure), but it just didn't fit with the rest (and I couldn't get it to stand out, it blended to well with the background). So after a session of aimless scrolling through the font list, I've stumbled upon this brushed font and I loved how it looked. And after the nights rest, I still do. It gives it a bit of a whimsical spin (if that's how you say it, words aren't my friends today).

The title, Toussaint, comes from French and means "all saints". According to Google, it can be a masculine first name or a surname. It's also a name of a region in the Witcher series.

What are your thoughts? :)