contest| astral mother, rd. 2

Guess who's back at being almost late with their entry? Not even Cinderella was in such a time sandwich when she ran away from her prince.

The task for this contest was to create a manipulation based on the movie given to us by our host. The catch this time was that we couldn't use the stuff that appeared in the movie and we had to do a little twist on it.

The movie I was given was Peter Pan. 

Petra Pan, the mysterious captain of the Morningstar, was a person everyone in Neverland knew about. Folk didn't speak good about her - legend had it she sold her soul to the Devil in exchange for a ship, a map, a compass and a handfull of people. The Devil gave her everything but the crew, saying she already had the means to gathering some. So she sailed from island to island, recruiting and taking people, sometimes children by force.

Of course, none of that was true. Petra was a captain of Morningstar, a ship that had milions of miles in its sails when she bought it from a suspicious looking man that had a hook for a hand. She and her gang of misfits explored the Neverend Sea, mapping out the uncharted land and currents.

But after more than a year since the last map entry, Petra didn't expect to stumble upon a tiny island inhabited by one tiny girl with wings and peculiar dust that made people fly.

--------------------------------------

So this was a fun manipulation to make, even though I did struggle to execute the first couple of ideas I had roaming around in my head. But it was smooth sailing as I stumbled upon the right stock. Parts of her hair were painted on (since the curls looked a bit weird, I think this looks more natural). I still have some question marks about the colors in some parts, but overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. I think this more simplistic route was the right one to take.

One of the ideas was to swap genders of the main characters, so instead of Peter and Wendy there would be Petra and Wendell. I thought (and I still do think so) that it would be neat to have Petra flying towards the 'camera' with Wendell in her arms, with a fairy and couple of the Lost Children behind them. But of course, that would require some mad stock hunting I was to tired to do. Maybe some other time.

What are your thoughts? :)