contest| astral mother, rd. 4

Did you know that pure gold is actually super soft when solid?

Did you know that Versailles had hundreds and hundreds of rooms and no bathrooms?

Also, there is a castle situated on top of a hill where they would torture their prisoners by throwing them into a very special dungeon. That dungeon was facing the sea and had one big hole. The prisoner would be "watered" regularly and the strong, cold wind blowing from the sea would do the rest. 

Meaning that they didn't really kill their prisoners. Pneumonia did.

Now, why am I telling you this?

The theme for this round was to make a cover and a banner in whatever style. Twist? We were assigned a song that had to serve as a main inspiration, with the singer visible on the graphic.

My assigned song threw me back in times when I listened to nothing but Halsey and Melanie Martinez. And a bit of Panic! At The Disco.

~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~ ~ ~~

Introducing: Castle by Halsey

I think these two are some of the darkest graphics I've ever made. And dare I say, the most elegant.

The statue was made by fusing one (1) smudged, eyebrowless Halsey and a base of a bust, brought together by a layer of marble. The background involves couple of black and gold textures. Originally I wasn't going to include roses and the golden leaves, but it did feel empty without them.

And I finally got to use Edition.  *sighs happily*

This style is kind of my nemesis. I have a lot of trouble deciding on elements and their placement, and ironically, it's one of my favorite styles to look at and admire. Graphics packed with elements and details that are all harmoniously combined - simply gorgeous. I tip my hat to folks that do this on a daily basis. You're the heroes.

What are your thoughts? :)