Growing on Faith

Ophelia's POV:
I hate walking into church and seeing everyone look like they have their lives all put together and that they have the best relationship with God. I know everyone has their struggles, but I don't feel like my relationship with God is as good as anyone else's. It's hard seeing everyone being able to relate to things that I have yet to experience.

"Ophelia, hurry up let's go!" Bennett yelled. I really don't feel like going cause I feel like I get stared at because I'm young and I don't meet the requirements. I walk downstairs with my hair and makeup done, but I've yet to gather my clothes or my bible.

"But bubba! I don't wanna go!" I whine.

"Ophelia stop whining. Go get dressed. Why do you not want to go to church? I've never heard you say you don't want to go to church."

"Maybe because you've only known me for a month." I mutter under my breath. I'm already fed up with today and I'm not in a good mood. I look up and see my brothers face and quickly realize that my comment was not the best move.

"Darlin' I suggest you quit talking to your brother like that if you know what's best for you. Talking like that'll get you real close to a tanning of a lifetime little lady."

"Daddy!" I whine. "Could you both please lay off of me this morning?!" I state exasperated. I'm completely over it this morning.

"You're crossing very thin ice young lady. I suggest you get your little butt upstairs and change and get ready. We are leaving in 5 minutes and if you don't want to have a talk after church, I suggest you get to moving." My dad states. Lovely. I stomp upstairs to my room and slam the door. I know that pisses Dad and Bennett off more than anything, but it's not like they're gonna do anything since we have to leave in less than five minutes. I change into a cream colored under top with an orange cardigan. I'm wearing a blue jean skirt and my boots and hat. I throw on my earrings and touch up my lipgloss.

(Outfit reference above)

I walk downstairs to see a very upset big brother and my dad giving me a look that's telling me to drop my attitude before I put myself in a situation I would very much dislike.

"Oph I would seriously drop the attitude. I'm not putting up with it today and Dad isn't either. You've had your warnings and I believe you know what's next." Bennett tells me. That's when I realize I'm close to starting and probably finishing my day with a blistered butt.

"Im sorry!!" I whine. I've got a feeling today is not gonna end well.

Bennett's POV:
My goodness Oph is being difficult today. I'm tired of her whining. I know if she keeps it up she'll be dealing with a very painful ass and an upset dad.  I go in the kitchen and I grab her bible along with her case of pens because she likes to take notes. I walk back into the den and see my princess sulking and waiting on me so she can get in the truck. She looks so crushed and almost as if the waterworks are about to spill at any moment.