Chapter 12

Shoutout to fudging_confuzzleded for answering the question in the previous chapter

Dick's POV

Dick was half-tuned into the Joker’s monologue, but most of his attention was focused on Jason, who was currently being held hostage by the clown. He was shaking and mouthing silent words to himself, a mantra. It was all Dick wanted in that moment, to be able to hug his younger brother, to ground him from the panic attack. To let him know that he was safe, that nothing would touch him, let alone the Joker. It was such a shock to see his little brother (who despite being two years younger than him, was already much taller and heavier) trembling like a leaf in the wind. 

Dick was done seeing Jason silently suffer. He was about to bolt forward out of Barbara’s iron grip and tackle the Joker to the ground, secret identities be damned, when Jason, who was slightly calmer now, caught his eye. He seemed to know exactly what Dick was going to do, and his eyes conveyed what his body could not. Jason was scared, Dick realized, but not for himself. He was scared for Dick. He was scared of what would happen to Dick. Jason, who rushed headfirst into fights without any regard for his own safety, was scared of the consequences of attacking the Joker. 

And that was the only thing stopping Dick from doing so. It was up to the new superheroes, Tidal and his team now. Dick could only pray that they could take down the Joker. 

If you want an explanation for this incredibly angsty chapter: I'm on my period.

I hate period cramps.
-Wild_Dragon_Girl