Pɾσʅσɠυҽ - Pαιɳ

"Who, except the gods, can live time through forever without any pain?"

- Aeschylus 

◾◽◾◽◾◽

The small blond boy was running as fast as his small legs could take him. There were crowds of people running after him, each of them equipped with sharp objects.

"Ah...crap!" The boy hissed as a knife lodged itself in his left calf.

[Kit, you have to find somewhere to hide so I can heal you.] A soothing but concerned voice echoed in the boy's head.

The boy groaned, turning to his right to enter an alleyway. [Sorry, Kurama. I can't find anywhere!]

The fox growled inside of the boy's head. [Naruto Uzumaki, I'm telling you to find anywhere or else you might die!]

Naruto let out a dry chuckle, ripping a bit of his shirt off to stop the bleeding in his leg. [Don't tell me you feel worried for me!]

[In your dreams.] The Tailed-Beast scoffed.

Naruto sighed, flipping behind a tall piece of metal and dragged another piece behind him to cover up his hiding spot. [I wish I was dreaming.]

The nine-tailed fox sighed in sympathy as he started to heal the poor boy, who was slipping between sleep and staying conscious.

"I'm just gonna...y'know...sleep..." Naruto whispered, his eyelids closing over his bright blue orbs.

[Rest, Kit. I'll take care of you.]

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"Damn it." Sasuke Uchiha growled, glaring at the single kunai knife which didn't hit the bullseye. It was close, but not quite.

He would never be able to defeat his brother like this. Itachi could do this blindfolded at the age of eight! And Sasuke was already twelve. He was too behind. He needed to speed up his training if he wanted to be able to surpass Itachi.

Thunk.

Bullseye.

Thunk.

Bullseye.

Thunk.

Bullseye.

Thunk.

Not a bullseye.

"Damn it!" Sasuke cursed again, roughly grabbing the kunai out of the target. He had to get this done before going home.

The raven-haired boy shuddered. Home.

Home was nothing now. It was always cold, isolated, empty, and just...not home. 

Shaking his head, the sole survivor of the Uchiha clan turned back to his kunai knives. He had to get all of them in the bullseye. Oh, and also nail that fireball jutsu.

Sasuke sighed. Today's training was going to drag into tomorrow.

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"Ungrateful little bitch!"

A pink-haired girl, who looked absolutely model-worthy, was cowering under a table as a man stumbled into the room, obviously drunk.

For heaven's sake, why am I hiding? I want to be a ninja! Ninjas face their problems!

She was about to come out when she heard glass shatter. Okay. Maybe not. She didn't want new scars, she was already running out of makeup to cover them up!

"SAKURA HARUNO! GET YOUR LAZY FAT ASS OUT HERE TO CLEAN THIS UP, BITCH!"

Sakura was too afraid. She was shaking. She didn't want to go through another beating by her uncle, but of course, he was drunk. And being abused while he was drunk was worse.

Just do this, Sakura. Cha!

Shakily coming up from under the table, Sakura rushed to get a dustpan and brush to clear the floor of glass shards.

"There you are..." A breath filled with alcohol was right next to Sakura's face. She gulped. "Hurry up and get this cleaned!"

"H-hai!" Sakura stuttered, instantly tending to the mess on the floor.

I hate him. I hate him!

Sakura took in a deep breath. 

One more day, before I graduate. One. More. Day.

◾◽◾◽◾◽

Author's Note

Did you like it so far? I think it was a bit too dark...but this story is probably going to have a dark theme through it...whatever.

Please vote and comment!

~ Magica2007