Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tԋɾҽҽ - Rυʅҽʂ

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure."

- Colin Powell

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"We pass?" Naruto repeated, a smile making its way onto his face.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "But we didn't get any bells."

"Sensei?" Sakura said quietly. Everyone turned to her as she bowed. "Arigato."

Kakashi gave Sakura his closed one-eyed smile. "You're welcome."

"What?" Naruto was still confused. "Why?"

Sakura looked up at him. "Well, since Kakashi-sensei is a sensei, he knows what he's doing, right? So really, you don't need to keep questioning him all the time. I'm guessing the goal was to work as a team, and since we did, we passed."

Kakashi nodded, before whacking both boys on the head. "Listen to her. She's correct. And stop being so doubtful of me. As from now on, you are all part of Team 7, led by none other than myself, Kakashi Hatake."

All three genin bowed. "Hai."

"Rules." Kakashi's voice took on a sharp edge. "You will never, and I will stress that word, never, never ever question my way of teaching."

The three children exchanged looks quickly. "Hai."

"Secondly. You will not complain, or give me suggestions on what to do. I will tell you what to do, I will teach you what you want to learn, so be patient."

"Hai."

"Thirdly, you will spend time before and after training sessions together. Team 7 isn't just a team, we're now family. Understood?"

"Hai."

"Lastly, this is a guarantee. You will become stronger. You will become faster. You will become more powerful. But you must listen to what I say and tell you to do. I know what I'm doing, contrary to what the other senseis say, so listen up."

"Hai."

"Follow these rules, and you're going to be the best shinobi known to all. Now, since you passed and we're not supposed to do any training until tomorrow, let's go out for lunch together."

"Hai."

The four of them made their way to the Ichiraku Ramen, giving into Naruto's pleading. On the way there, they saw the other teams going through their test. 

"Go Kiba!" Naruto yelled, and Team 8 saw Team 7 walking by, which gave them a shock. Had they already finished their test?

"Focus," Sasuke yelled, covering Naruto's mouth. "You're still doing the test!"

True to his word, Kurenai didn't stop the test. Scolding Naruto for distracting them, Sakura had hit the boy on the head more than three times already.

"Now," Kakashi sighed, "tell me about yourself. Just tell me what you're good at."

Naruto went first. "Well, my name's Naruto Uzumaki. I tend to make people underestimate me, which is great so then I can beat them easily. Oh, and I love working with seals. I can seal items now."

Kakashi nodded. Maybe this kid would be like his father.

"I'm Sakura Haruno," Sakura said shyly. "I want to be a good medical ninja, but my taijutsu is pretty rough. My chakra control is pretty good, I got top marks for that. I'm much stronger compared to my speed..." the girl winced at the mention of her taijutsu and speed. 

Kakashi realised that this girl was more intellectual than physical. He'd have to work harder with her to get her body up to the standard the boys were. But on the other hand, he wouldn't have to work on her chakra.

Then they all looked at Sasuke, who was fingering a kunai. Then he looked up, realising it was his turn. "Oh. I'm Sasuke Uchiha. I'm pretty good at taijutsu, just a bit above average on genjutsu, and am average on ninjutsu. I want to kill my brother because he killed my whole clan."

His sensei internally flinched at the idea of an avenger. Kakashi wasn't foreign to that idea, but it never turned out well. It seems that Sasuke was the well-rounded one, but his chakra control was debatably the worst.

"There we go." Kakashi clapped his hands together, drawing attention to him. "That's your role. Naruto, I know that you were the strategist just then, and you will remain that. You did pretty well coming up with a plan."

"Hai, sensei." Naruto nodded, happy with his role.

"Sakura, you'll be mostly on the defence. Your chakra control is good, while is good for setting the maximum amount of traps. Also, being a medical ninja means you shouldn't be in the first line of fire, so you'll typically be the last person to attack."

"Hai." The pink girl smiled. She liked her role since she wasn't big on attacking.

"Sasuke. You're going to be our front line. Being probably the most skilled in taijutsu, you can easily scope out the enemy without using any chakra and Naruto and you will definitely be a force to be reckoned with when fighting together."

"Hai," Sasuke grumbled. He wasn't the happiest at the fact that he would work together with Naruto, out of all the people, but he knew better than to go against his sensei.

"Oi, we've arrived!" Naruto exclaimed, turning back into an enthusiastic bright kid.

Sakura sighed. "I think he's bipolar."

"Agreed," Sasuke replied, watching his teammate bound inside, nothing like the person he had seen talking to Sakura about teamwork. He had been stationed behind Sakura, and so he saw all of Naruto and Sakura's exchange.

Kakashi gave them his closed eye smile. "At least he's enjoying life."

"Kakashi-sensei, Sakura, Sasuke, hurry up!" Naruto gestured from inside.

Kakashi smiled from under the mask once they were all seated. He either didn't notice or plainly ignored how the whole restaurant seemed to quieten when he entered, but it didn't affect him. Watching the kids, he felt a weird kind of excitement to train them.

"Eat up." Kakashi eyed them, as they ate quickly. "Because you're going to train tomorrow at four o'clock. Meet me at training ground forty-four."

Sakura choked on her chicken. "B-but that-t's the Forest of Death!"

Kakashi shrugged. "Precisely."

Sasuke and Sakura instantly started to eat as much as they could, but Naruto was just confused. "Forest of Death?"

"It's very dangerous," Kakashi informed the child. "Some people don't come out alive."

Naruto, seeing his teammates frantically ordering more and more food, decided to do what they were going to do.

"Good idea." Kakashi murmured, before running a hand through his silver hair.

These genins won't know what hit them.

◾◽◾◽◾◽

Author's Note

There you go, those are their roles in the team! They're going to have fun in the Forest of Death...;). Thanks so much for reading up to here (even though it's just chapter three) and I can't wait for the fourth chapter!

Please vote and comment!

~ Magica2007