Cԋαρƚҽɾ Eʅҽʋҽɳ - Fιɾʂƚ Kιʅʅ

"Stay low, move fast. Kill first, die last. One shot, one kill. No luck, pure skill."

- Anonymous

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"Hokage-sama," Kakashi said. "I have a request for my team."

The elderly man looked up from under his wide-brimmed hat, eyes calculating. He did have an idea on what it would be, but he wanted to hear it from the jonin himself. "Go on."

"Their first kill." Kakashi continued quietly. "Just a mission for their first kill."

Hiruzen Sarutobi would deny forever, but he choked on his pipe and it fell out of his mouth. The corners of Kakashi's lips twitched as the Hokage fumbled for his pipe, managing to catch it before it hit the ground.

"First kill?" Hiruzen's voice was higher than it's usual pitch. Clearing his throat, the Hokage eyed his right-handed man with uncertainty. "Are you sure?"

Kakashi nodded. "Yes. They need to learn. From our last D-rank missions, there was no whatsoever killing involved. But with the C-rank-turned-A-rank mission to the Land of The Waves which was two weeks ago, they need to be more prepared for death."

"I trust you, Kakashi. I really do." Hiruzen rubbed his temples. "So I will allow you on a B-rank. Just...I hope you know what you're doing."

"Arigato." Kakashi bowed, before accepting the mission scroll and was about to leave to tell his genin about their next mission when Hiruzen called out his name.

"Don't push them too hard, Kakashi."

"I won't."

◾◽◾◽◾◽

"When do we arrive?" Sasuke asked, following his sensei and teammates as the four of them flew from tree to tree, in the direction of the Waterfall country.

Sakura pointed out in the distance. "We already have. See?"

Naruto suddenly flashed a hand sign, and all of the shinobi were alert. Kakashi was proud that Naruto had sensed the enemy ninja, but he was concerned as to which shinobi they were. Training with ninken made Kakashi's senses sharper, and his sense of smell could rival a dog's, and so he sniffed the air discreetly.

Naruto's hands continued to move as the boy sensed the chakra nearby. Seven enemy ninja, heading their way. Five chunin level. Two jonin level. Approximate ten minutes before arrival.

Kakashi's sense of smell also picked up on a rather distinct smell of...acid? Ah. Must be Otogakure ninja. The newest ninja village always smelt like acid.

The jonin made a hand symbol for Otogakure and all of his students nodded subtly to show they got the message. Naruto's mind was whirling, and Kakashi wondered how on earth the Academy teachers were so dense to think that Naruto was dumb. He was one of the brightest strategists out there!

After communicating via hand signals, the plan was set into motion.

"Maaaaa, Kakashi-sensei!" Naruto said obnoxiously, and Kakashi's left eye twitched at his childish tone. Thank Kami that he had trained Naruto to act like a shinobi.

Kakashi sighed. "Yes?"

"Let's go faster! I'm sooooooooooo tired!" Naruto drawled. "And I don't want to run next to this baka!"

Sasuke looked genuinely offended. "That's the insult you come up with?"

Kakashi had to stifle a laugh. Of course, that's what Sasuke was offended about. Naruto narrowed his eyes and his hands flashed another sign; five minutes before arrival.