Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tԋιɾƚҽҽɳ - Pԋαʂҽ Oɳҽ

"Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings."

- Salvador Dali

◾◽◾◽◾◽

Team 7 walked into the building and were instantly at ease at their competition.

Such stupid genin.

It was such an easy genjutsu to see past, and even Naruto, who was the worst in Team 7 on recognising and releasing genjutsus, could tell that it was a genjutsu.

"Should we...?" Sakura whispered to her teammates, who instantly picked up on the silent message.

Sasuke shook his head. "They're getting rid of our competition."

"Evil," Naruto commented, but he had a matching smirk with the Uchiha.

"Oi!" The chunin who guarded the wrong door pointed at Team 7, who were slowly and discreetly backing out of the classroom. "Where d'you think you're going?"

Thinking quickly, Sakura smiled sheepishly. "Going to the bathroom."

"All three of you?" The chunin looked unconvinced.

Sasuke's eyes blazed up and let loose of his KI. The air crackled with electricity, making the nearby genin wary. "You think I'd let her go alone with a bunch of bastards lurking around everywhere?"

Everyone in the hallway gulped and backed away from the Uchiha, and Team 7 left without any fuss with no one interfering. 

"That was great!" Naruto elbowed Sasuke playfully, and Sasuke grinned and his whole demeanour changed. Sasuke's KI dissipated, and the three genin trudged up the stairs to reach the real level.

There stood Kakashi, reading some sort of book with a fake book cover over it, and he was waiting for his genin team.

"You couldn't have warned us?" Naruto pouted, crossing his arms.

Kakashi raised his eyebrows. "The genjutsu? No. It's part of the test."

"No," Naruto wagged a finger, "about the stupid contestants! Who the hell stands there forever?"

Giving them his closed-eye smile, Kakashi only walked over to them and ruffled their hair one more time. "Good luck, kids. Remember, work together."

"Hai, sensei." The three genin nodded in sync, before walking together into the room where the real test would begin.

"Lookie here," a voice drawled, "it's the last team of Rookie 9!"

Sasuke stiffened and turned around, eyeing the Sound ninja with an unimpressed look. "Hn."

"You are?" Sakura asked, crossing her arms. Despite her girly appearance, she could be dangerous like the boys, and she was willing to show that.

The Sound ninja sneered before turning away from Team 7, not missing the subtle shifts into defensive positions. So they weren't as incapable as the other rookies. This would be interesting.

"Yo!" Kiba made his way over. "You guys here too?"

"What does it look like, doggie?" Sasuke retorted.

Kiba eyes the Uchiha in distaste before whispering to Naruto, "How do you deal with him?"

"Eh," Naruto shrugged, "just give him some tom-"

"Shut it, usuratonkachi." Sasuke hissed, clamping a hand over Naruto's mouth.

Sakura giggled. "What? Don't want them to bribe you with toma-"