Several Years Later

It had been one year ever since  Elphaba died. I sat on my bed and cried. Happy anniversary. I thought. I was a jerk to her then one day she put me in her advanced wizardry class. She took me to the Emerald City. She sacrificed so much. She lost Nessa and Fiyero. I was so selfish! She had changed me for good. I remember the last time we met.  "You'll be with me like a handprint on my heart."  I shed more tears. I look over at the time. Time to go. I slip out of my nightgown and put on my blue dress. I grab my wand and look over at the Grimmere on the shelf. Elphaba was the only one who could read it. She gave it before she got killed. I plaster on my fake smile and look outside to see if anyone is waiting. Nobody is there. Good. I don't want to celebrate Elphie's death anyway. "Elphie? Is it alright if I call you Elphie?"  The words sting as I remeber the nickname I gave her. I still call her that. If she was still here. I burst out in tears. How am I going to survive the celebration?!?! I am a public figure! I am supposed to be celebrating her death! But, she was my only real friend. Her and Fiyero. I cry even more as I remember him. He is with Elphie. MM comes in says "Let us go and meet the crowd!" I glance out the window and barely see a familiar figure, but I am dragged out before I can tell who it is. As I walk out I think Who was that? I remeber him! I am quickly interupted by the millions of people waiting. They cheer as I smile and wave. I keep on thinking and thinking about that figure, vaugley realizing what is going on around me. Then I snap out of it when MM asks me to give a speech. What? How will I make it through this? I go up. I tell them about how Elph- The Wicked Witch of the West, died once again. I sit down as I choke up. Nobody noticed. We go down to the Ozdust Ballroom. Why do we have to go here? This is where Elphie and I actually were nice to eachother for the first time. And my first date with Fiyero. Fiyero.... FIYERO!! THAT WAS THE FIGURE OUT THE WINDOW! He is alive!!