Chapter 2 - A friend?

Loki was jerked awake around 10 in the morning by the sound of a door opening and shutting rather loudly. He was startled, his breathing sped up, but he managed to calm himself down before it escalated any further. He was still in pain from what his body had endured only a mere two days ago, so he figured he could stay in bed for a moment longer.

     Right when his mind started to truly relax, he was shaken up again by a light tapping on the door to his room.

     "Can I come in? It's me." Natasha stood outside his door. She wanted to check on him. After all, he did just sleep for 15 hours. He sat up to make himself look more presentable

     "Yes," Loki allowed. It felt weird for someone to ask permission before entering his living quarters. He liked it, it felt nice. She opened the door and closed it behind her quietly, this caused him to go into a slight panic. She casually leaned up against the wall across from him.

     "So, how are you feeling? You slept for 15 hours." She grinned. Not a mean grin, she just thought it was funny. Loki didn't know the difference.

     "I'm sorry," He immediately replied. Were they expecting him to wake at a certain time?

     "No, it's okay. How are you feeling?" She revisited her previous question.

     "I'm feeling fine, thank you." And it was the truth. He only felt fine. Not good, and not bad. He felt adequate. 

     "Good, I'm glad. I just wanted to let you know that you are invited to breakfast with us if you want," She offered, "I reccommend you come." She meant it in a kind way, but it was not perceived that way.

     Loki heard it as "you have to come", so that's what he did. He stood up and silently followed the red head to the elevator and down to the dining room. Clint sighed when he noticed Loki was there. Clint knew he was invited, but didn't think he would actually show up.

     Natasha pulled out a chair for Loki. After she confirmed that he was supposed to sit in the chair, he lowered himself into it. Everybody was having awkward morning conversations with one another and serving themselves.

     There was a stack of pancakes, a bowl of fruit salad, a bowl of scrambled eggs, and a tower of toast arranged on the large table. Almost all of these items were unfamiliar to the god, accept for the fruit salad. Fruit salad was a very common thing on Asgard. Frigga would often make if for Thor and all his friends. Then, her and Loki would eat some of the fruit salad while she taught him magic.

     Just seeing the fruit salad brought back so many happy memories to him. He was slightly overwhelmed, but in a good way. Tony ended up sitting next to Loki. It was his only option, other than the seat next to cap. And everybody knows that Tony and Cap fight like jealous siblings in the morning.

     Everyone was settled down and eating, except for Loki. The plate in front of him was empty because he didn't know what to do. Were there certain items he is supposed to take? Are there certain items he's not supposed to take? He was so lost. This struck fear in him, he didn't want anybody to be mad at him.

     Tony noticed Loki bouncing his leg almost right away, and then noticed the clean plate in front of him. He sighed and stood up, taking Loki's plate. Loki quickly pressed his back to the chair and flinched, he thought Tony was going to hit him. Loki wouldn't blame him if Tony hit him. After all, Loki did throw him out a window not too long ago. 

     Tony put a little bit of everything on the plate and set it back down in front of Loki.

     "There you go. Eat up, Reindeer games," Tony casually said as he sat back down. Loki didn't know what to say.