Chapter Nine - bromance? Or more...?

Loki didn't say anything during the rest of the ride back to the Avengers tower. He just continued to look down at his lap while fidgeting. When they were walking off the Quinjet and into the Avengers tower, Loki was still looking down. He felt absolutely humiliated from his breakdown he had earlier.

     The avengers could sense the tension, so they decided to leave Loki to himself to get things sorted out. Everyone except Tony left. Loki then looked up to thank Stark.

     "Than-" He cut himself off out of pain. Just merely moving his mouth now caused him pain from the muzzle. Tony looked at the god and noticed the many small cuts that surrounded the god's mouth and the bruise that was painted across his lips.

     Tony walked up to Loki and reached his hand up to the gods face. Loki slightly flinched, Tony paused for a second, making sure that the god was okay. When Loki relaxed again, Tony continued to reach his hand up. He carefully rested his hand on Loki's cheek, and brushed the god's lips with his thumb.

     Loki leaned into his touch, despite the pain it caused him. Tony began to lean in towards Loki. They maintained eye contact. Tony got closer. Closer and closer and closer. Their faces were now only an inch apart.

     When Tony began to move his hand towards the back of Loki's neck, Loki panicked and pulled away.

     Loki would've loved to kiss the tin man, for sure. But, he wasn't ready to be overwhelmed with the memories that would come along with just that small kiss. And he didn't know if he was ready for that just yet.

     "I'm sorry," Loki apologized as he turned his back to Tony, trying to hide the harsh blush that covered his cheeks.

     "No, you don't have to be sorry." Tony awkwardly assured him. Loki used his magic to hide his blush as he turned back around to face the man of iron. Loki smiled softly at him, which Tony returned. Only, Tony's smile seemed more forced.

     "Thank you for helping me when we were on the flying thing." Loki thanked him, saying what he meant to earlier.

     "Oh, of course. It's really no big deal." Tony said as he began to walk Loki to his room. They both silently walked, side by side to Loki's room. Once they reached his door, they both stopped and faced one another.  

     "I suppose it's time for us to part ways." Loki said, opening his door. 

     "Yeah, see ya, Reindeer Games!" Tony said with another forced smile. Loki went into his room and guilt washed over him right away. He felt bad for not returning Stark's kiss. Tony seemed to be disappointed and embarrassed over it, which wasn't what Loki intended to happen at all.

     Tony stood outside of Loki's door for a few more seconds. He then got into the elevator that was down the hall, and went down to his lab. He walked right over to where he kept the drinks, and grabbed a bottle of whiskey.

     He popped the cap off it and threw it across his lab as hard as he could before taking a swig of it. He sat down in his desk chair and took another swig of the drink.

     Tony set the bottle down next to him and began to upgrade one of his suits. Every couple minutes he'd take another swig of the Whiskey. This went on for four and a half hours.

     When the bottle was finally empty, Tony could hardly see straight. This caused him to drop the empty bottle, and it shattered. Glass slid across the floor, but Tont didn't seem to care. He just leaned his head back in his chair.

     "He'll never love you, dumbass." He slurred to himself, closing his eyes. What he didn't know was that Loki was standing in the doorway of his lab when he said this.