Chapter Four - Ice Cream fixes everything

They grabbed Loki's arms. He fought back as hard as he could. Grunting and frantically trying to pull his arms away from the fire. The guards who were assigned the duty of torturing him kicked him in the back to make him stop. He cried out as his arms were shoved into the fire.

     They took his shirt off so they could get his entire arm.

     "Stop!" Loki screamed as loud as his lungs would let him. He let out another bloodcurdling scream as they stuck his arms in farther. He was now shoulder deep in flames. After a few very long moments, they pulled his arms out and left him on his own.

     Loki sobbed and looked at his shaking arms. Blood pooled around them and his entire limb was blistering. He began to sob as the full pain fully hit him. He could hardly move his arms. 

     Finally, he mustered enough strength to stand up, still sobbing.

     He winced as he carefully touched his arms to the cool stone wall. Once he pushed past the pain, slight relief was brought when the coldness of the wall touched his third degree burns. He leaned his head on the wall and let out another broken wail of pain.

     He didn't know what he did to deserve this.

     "Loki!" A voice yelled. Loki turned around with pure fear in his eyes.

     "Loki!" The voice screamed louder as he felt himself being shaken. His eyes shot open and Tony was over top of him with his hands on Loki's shoulders. Loki yelped in fear and slipped out of Tony's arms and backed up.

     "Hey man, you alright?" Tony asked worridly. Loki still had the look of pure terror in his eyes. He started hypervenilating. Loki felt like he couldn't breath.

     Shit, he's having a panic attack. Tony thought to himself. Tony didn't know how to handle this.

     "Hey, hey, hey, it's okay. You're safe here. Okay? You're safe here." Tony said. He didn't know what else to say. He was doing his best, and he wasn't sure if it was going to work out or not.

     Loki began to rub his legs with his hands. A form of self comforting, it also helped to ground him. He shuddered and whimpered as he recalled the pain he felt when this moment happened in real life.

     "Tony, I-" Loki pleaded.

     "I'm right here, it's okay," Tony assured.

     Hell, I'm kinda good at this. Tony realized. Loki began to calm down slightly. His breaths were shaky and he was trembling. Damn, Tony wanted to hug him.

     "Can I hug you? You look like you need a hug," Tony asked for consent. He knew consent wasn't something to be messed with. Especially with someone's having a panic attack.

     Loki reluctantly nodded his head. Tony sat on the edge of his bed and wrapped his arms around the frail man. Loki buried his head into Stark's shoulder. He didn't realize how bad he needed a hug until now. Loki curled into himself closer out of saddness and Tony began to rub his back in a calming manner.

     It seemed to work because in a few minutes, Loki had stopped sobbing and breathing so quickly. Now, he only had a few shaky breaths and the tears stopped flowing so rapidly. 

     "Thank you so much. I'm sorry if I woke you up, I didn't mean to be so loud." Loki rambled. It was his way of saying he was greatful.

     "Hey, you didn't mean to, it's okay. Plus, I was already awake." Loki smiled at this. Finially, something wasn't his fault.