Chapter Six - I Don't Like Him

Loki's eyes opened. From his lack of sleep the night before and his drained energy from fighting the god of thunder, he was very tired. Right when his brother left, he passed out. He warily wandered down to the main floor, where he was met with Bruce making coffee.

     "Oh, hey Loki," Bruce said in his calm demnoir. Loki nodded in response, he was never much of a morning person. In fact, one time on Asgard Loki stabbed a guard who woke him up. Sadly, the guard survived.

     "What is... that?" Loki asked as he looked at the coffee pot Banner was operating.

     "Coffee, want some?" He asked kindly. Loki had never had coffee before. Of course he has heard of it before, but he never bothered to try it.

     "I suppose so." Loki took his offer. Banner pulled another coffee cup out of the cupboard and filled it with a dark, hot liquid. Loki took a sip of the drink and quickly recoiled, setting it down on the counter. It was awful, and the taste wouldn't leave his mouth.

     "Bitter?" Bruce asked with a slight chuckle.

     "Indeed," Loki confirmed.

     "It's cause you never gave me the chance to add any creamer." Banner explained.

     "Creamer?" Loki asked. Bruce took Loki's cup and poured something else into it before giving it back to the god. The liquid was now a softer brown instead of the harsh, dark brown it had been before. Loki rose an eyebrow before taking a sip again. This time, it was good. It tasted slightly sweet, but still had the normal coffee aftertaste.

     "Not too bad," Loki grinned. He actually quite liked the drink, it was just his... style, you could say. He took another slow gulp of the drink.

     "So, the rest of the team is on a mission for the day. Just me, Bucky, and you." Bruce informed him. Loki nodded, before a question came to mind.

     "Why aren't you with them? You are an Avenger if I am not mistaken." Loki asked.

     "Well, someone needs to watch you, and the other guy can be quite dangerous. We only use him during emergancies."

     "Ah, I see." Loki shuddered at the mention of the Hulk. Banner couldn't help the small grin that spread across his face. They both finished the coffee in silence.

     "So, what did happen on Asgard?" Bruce asked. It was the question all of them have been wanting to ask for 2 weeks now. Loki tensed.

     "Nothing I'm willing to discuss, at the moment,"

     "That's fine." Bruce assured. Loki was surprised at his response, but satisfied, nonetheless.

     "So, what kind of stuff do you like to do?" Bruce questioned, awkwardly trying to make small talk.

     "I don't see how this is relevant."

     "Well, you don't seem to be leaving any soon. I guess I just wanted to get to know you a bit better."

     "Oh, I see. In that case, I've always been fond of reading."

     "Really? Me too, but I mainly stick to the sciencey stuff. What kind of books do you like to read?"

     "Juonta. He's an author from Asgard. His writing is just amazing." This was the first time Bruce had seen a true smile on Loki's face. Bruce needed some new books, and there was no better time to get them than now. He could leave with Loki and Bucky to the bookstore that was only down the street.

     A/N, the name Juonta is pronounced you-on-ta. I made this name up lol.

     While Bruce knew that this idea was childish, he thought it would be fun. And although he would never admit it, he would love a reading buddy.