Chapter 1

When I was little, I always imagined the perfect man for me. He'd be funny, kind and generous but above all, I never wanted to become involved with a married man. But that's exactly what I did and i'll never get over the pain i have caused.

However, before i go on any further, I must take you back to the beginning and the night that changed my life and everyone elses.

It was a cloudy day in May and as i gazed outside the window, after desperately trying to focus my attention on my book but failing miserably, i just couldn't get my mind off what lay ahead of me. My father is a wealthy businessman who earned his wealth through nafarious means but we won't dwell on that. Anyway in order to complete a deal with some other business man my father had to marry me off. I honesty don't know what else to say on that, I remember feeling scared and all alone locked up in my room once he told me. You see my father never cared much about me nor my feelings on anything so marrying me off wasn't such a big deal to him and even-though i was upset, I still had expected something like this to happen and had prepared myself since I was 16 for that day.

6 Years later and here we are. i'm finally meant to be getting married. "Amanda! Amanda! Come on Amanda, we need go shopping!" My bestfriend Hailey called, breaking me from my trance and sending me into a tizzy of trying to get ready as quickly as possible. Soon I gathered everything up and ran out the door "Come on then." I said trying to leave as quickly as possible as to avoid my Father.

Once at the shopping centre, we walked into the fanciest store that Hailey could find. "Really? How expensive is this place?" I said looking around at all the fancy dresses on squeaky clean mannequins.

"Come on it's not that bad. Plus we need to find you a nice dress not a skanky one."  Hailey replied most likely getting agitated.

"Ok fine. Lets get this over with." I said rolling my eyes and making my way over towards a clothes rack. Soon hailey had found me piles and piles of dresses to try on which i quickly took into the changing room hoping to get this over with quickly. After trying on about 20 dresses and hearing Hailey repeat "Oh not good enough." "Hmmm..." and "Maybe." I looked across the store, through the window and saw another shop. This shop sold fancy dress outfits, then I had a thought pop into my head, tonight there was a party in Londons most prestegious night club. There'd be music, dancing and lots and lots of alcohol which is exactly what I needed. I threw off the dress and rushingly put my clothes back on. "What are you doing? Where's the dress?" Hailey asked me as i walked past her, grabbing her wrist and dragging her to the fancy dress store.

"Look at these!" I squealed looking at all of the costumes. There were rows and rows full of costumes, but one stuck out. The little devil costume. I'd always been known as the devil of my family after scaring off many potential husbands- what better irony?

"Oh come on Amanda! It's your engagement party tonight!" She pleaded with me but my mind was already made up. "Please Amanda... Just for tonight please don't go out of your way to make a mess of things."

That one struck me deep. It was true i'd always tried to push every potential husband away but i couldn't help it. Im 22 for God's sake! The last thing i want to do is get married. Especially not to Micheal.

"Fine."

"Thank you. Lets go back to that other store and pick you out a nice dress ok?"

"Ok. I'll be there in a second, I just need to call my mum and make sure I choose the right colour dress."

"Ok ill meet you over there. And thank you for understanding."

I nodded in response.

When she walked away and finally reached the store I smirked. I can't believe she actually fell for that. I've given Micheal an easy time so far, now he needs to know what i'm made of. I'm going to that party.