Chapter 9

It had been a month since everything and nothing had really changed. I'd go to work, come home then be faced with my fiance and the rest of my family, sleep and repeat. It was all the same. But, today was different, since my last engagement party had been such a mess my parent had decided to throw us another one. Tonight. This time there'd be no time for errors, I knew that this time I coudln't- no wouldn't do anything to mess this up. Everything is so much more serious now and even though I will find a way out of this marriage, first I must play along making them believe that i'm some good girl that will play along, then when the time comes i'll escape before it's too late and everything is set in stone.

"Come on! Chop chop everyone!" I heard my mother from downstairs, trying to get everything ready in time. You see, this had been a very last minute decision by my father, he'd wanted to try and clear the embarrasment of last time when his daughter left her own engagement party.

"How are you feeling?" My brother was standing at the door looking down on me with sympathy in his eyes. 'Oh i don't know. Extemely suffocated, scared, anxious, petrified. Any of those would work.' But i didn't even have to say anything, he already knew exactly what i'd been feeling, he could always tell from my eyes exactly what I was feeling/thinking. Sometimes it was very annoying. Instead of saying anything else, or trying to comfort me he just nodded and walked away. That definitely sucked. I wish he'd said something to me, something comforting, kind or even brotherly like 'you can do this idiot it's not hard' or soemthing silly. I just wish he'd have given me that much needed comfort.

I was sitting on the edge of my bed and once Alex left, I just stared at the floor. 'Am I really going to go through with this?' I asked myself over and over again.

Soon enough I heard my Father calling up to me "Amanda darling are you nearly ready?" He asked putting on a sweet voice that i'm sure everyone could tell was fake.

Rolling my eyes, I got up from my bed, checked my hair and make-up one last time in the mirror before sighing and walking downstairs. This time, I of course had been made to wear a respectful dress which was long and plain but it didn't bother me, who was I trying to impress? No one.

"Ah here she is." My father said, presenting me to everyone gathered around the stairs. "At least we know she hasn't run off this time." My father joked and everyone laughed at me however, they weren't jolly laughs, instead they were suspicious of me. I honestly couldn't blame them, I want nothing more right now than to run away.

Micheal then came up the stairs to come and get me, he held my wrist and led me down the stairs. The whole time I tried not to grip my teeth, 'just smile' I thought to myself as his grip on my wrist tightened.

Once off the stairs I was trying not to squeal in pain, his grip on my wrist was getting tighter and tighter and tighter.

I looked across the room and saw Hailey 'Ugh what is she doing here?' I thought to myself, hoping she'd go away but then next to Hailey I noticed someone i'd hoped never to see again.

Cole.

He was looking very annoyed, most likely trying to get rid of Hailey. That was until he looked at me and his expression changed, to one of relief, slowly his gaze went down landing on my wrist, again his expression changed to one of anger and worry. Suddenly, i felt a pain shoot up my wrist "OW!" I yelped, I looked up to Micheals eyes and was met with an angry warning gaze as his grip on my wrist tightened. No one seemed to notice though, no one even looked up, no one except Cole who was still watching me intently.

I was woken from my thoughts again as Micheal dragged me around the corner, pinning me against the wall, then started his interrigation "WHO WERE YOU LOOKING AT?" He yelled into my face. I just rolled my eyes, this was getting stupid him pinning me against walls and expecting immediate answers. "Oh F**K OFF MICHEAL!" I yelled into his face, suddenly his deminor changed, evil flashed over his eyes and fear into mine.

He gripped my wrist again, tightening it more and more as I winced in pain. Soon the pain was too much and i yelled out "STOP, PLEASE STOP!" Tears started spilling out of my eyes uncontrollably.

"AMANDA!" Coles voice was the last thing I heard before blacking out.

***

"She'll be fine." I heard Micheal say.

"She needs to wake up and get down there. I won't let her ruin another party!"  I heard my father say.

"Maybe you should all give her some time and space. You, go downstairs and mingle with your guests and you do the same. I'll let you all know when she's awake." Thank God, it was Cole and he was helping me.

As soon as I heard everyone leave, I sat up making Cole giggle, "Were you sitting there waiting for them all to leave?" He laughed as I nodded. Suddenly, I felt queasy and dashed to the bathroom as i got sick into the toilet. "Jeez Amanda, he really pulled one on you. Are you ok?" He asked holding back my hair and looking at my wrist "Here, i'll get you some ice." I couldn't speak and instead nodded as my face sat in the toilet bowl.

Cole placed the ice onto my wrist and I winced in pain, "Amanda, why don't we take you to the hospital? I feel like this needs to be looked at."

"No. It'll be fine, I'm sure. Really it'll be fine." He looked at me worried but didn't say anything as we just sat there in comfortable silence for the rest of the night.