Chapter 8

"Wait you two know eachother?" Hailey asked, obviously confused with the situation at hand.

Neither of us answered her, we were both too busy staring at eachother in shock.

"How do you know Hailey?" I finally asked as a million questions swarmed my head.

"She's my wife." he spat the last word as a smile appeared on Haileys face.

"I just need a table for Aimee babe." She flirtatiously stroked his arm with her fingers which he instantly brushed off himself. I couldn't lie it made me snigger a bit.

"What are you doing here Hailey? You know this is my house, you're not welcome here." He said walking gesturing for me to walk into his office which i did. "Lets talk outside Hailey." He then motioned for her to stand with him as he closed the office door behind him.

Inside the office was a desk, a few chairs and some shelves filled with books, very simplistic and I love it. In one of the chairs sat an older man, I gave him a smile and sat down next to him. "So why are you here?" He asked me and I explained that we were here to collect a table for a friend. I was still in shock about Hailey being Coles wife. It was crazy.

"You never let me inside your house let alone your office! What's going on with you and Amanda!" We heard Hailey yelling at Cole even through the door

"Nothing is going on with us. You know you're not allowed here Hailey! I never wanted to marry you in the first place."

"But I love you Cole."

"Don't call me Cole."

"Right right. What's so wrong with calling my husband by his name anyway!" I could feel Coles eyeroll from here.

"I never should've made him marry her." Suddenly I heard the old man say something.

"You must be Cole's father then?" I asked giving a slight smile and trying not to look worried.

"That's me. Mr Dahlinger." So that's Coles last name then.

"WHY DO YOU ALWAYS TREAT ME LIKE AN EMPLOYEE! I'M YOUR WIFE!" Hailey jumped in again. I'd almost forgotten that Hailey was outside too. I really can't stand this anymore.

"It was nice to meet you Mr Dahlinger, I hope to see you again soon." He shook my hand as i got up and walked out of the office. Just outside the door i saw a very angry Cole and what seemed to be a lovestruck Hailey. Jesus she's hopeless sometimes. As i closed the door, they both turned to face me.

"Where are you going?" Cole asked, looking somewhat upset.

"Listen, this sounds like a husband, wife thing so i'm going to leave."

"Stay......Please." he said looking almost desperate for me to stay.

"What? You want her to stay and not me your own wife?!" Hailey piped up again "What is going on here!? I am your wife!"

He rolled his eyes at her then looked back at me. Oh gosh i want to stay with him more than anything in the world. But I can't. It's not right, he's married and I will not be the other woman.

"I'm sorry." I said before turning and walking out of the house.

***
I snuck into my house, trying not to wake anyone and thankfully I didn't. I really couldn't be bothered with anymore fiance drama or the rest of my families drama.

'I seriously need my own apartment and soon' I thought to myself and took a mental note to check my savings account to see how long it will take until I can afford my apartment. I have to work tomorrow so hopefully that will add to my savings.

The next morning, I dragged myself out of bed, took a shower and applied some make-up (I was looking a serious mess so really need it) I ended up crying myself to sleep last night. This just all seems like too much for me and I don't know how much longer I can take this constant pressure and demand from everyone, demand to get married, to be perfect and to never complain about a single thing all whilst being showered every second of everyday with insults. Even from people who are supposed to be my friends.

I ran out of the house without having anything to eat- i'd regret that later.

Once at work I instantly got to work. One thing about working in a restaurant is that you're always busy- the tips aren't bad either- so thankfully it takes my mind off the carniage that is my life.

"Are you ok? You're working extra hard today and i really don't think you should be putting all of your energy into this s**thole." My collegue and friend Jake said making me giggle.

"They really don't." I laughed, carrying on with my work. I didn't really feel like explaining myself to someone else i'd already explained to Aimee and she didn't understand at all, neither did hailey...

"I just want to get through today. That's all." Before Jake could reply I walked over and started cleaning a table, suddenly my stomach started to ache and I started feeling dizzy. Quickly, I pulled out a chair and sat down as Jake, sensing something was wrong, came rushing over to me. "What's wrong Amanda?"

"I didn't have anything to eat this morning or since then. It's probably that." He nodded, grabbing me a sandwich to eat, since it was nearly closing time we had no customers so we were ok to stop working for a while.

"Listen Amanda, I have to go but i'll give you a lift home ok?"

"No don't worry. I'll be alright. Let me close up and you can go, I'll call my brother to come and pick me up." He nodded, knowing there was no use in arguing- I'm way too stubborn.

Once the store was closed, I found my brother waiting outside for me, "I missed you!" He laughed

"Yeah right." I eyerolled laughing before getting into his black car.

"So how was work?"

"The usual."    "How's it going with Olivia?" I sniggered as he tensed up.

"None of your business Amanda... Keep your big nose out of my relationship." I sniggered again pretending to be hurt "Now lets get you home,"