Chapter 2

"I'm back. Sorry my mum took a while on the phone." I tried to put on a sad face all the while placing my hand on my bag giving it a little tap.

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Hailey replied looking down at the ground. "Listen i'm sorry bout earlier, I know this stuff is a sore subject for you but you've got to understand this stuff reflects badly on me you know?"

Really. It reflects badly on you. Like how? You're not the one that has to have her face plasted on the front of newspapers everytime you scare off another fiance as they call you a 'new level of bridezilla' or a 'hopeless slut'. Ugh. Just smile and apologise.

"Yeah sorry about that." I said trying not to clench my teeth. I don't think she noticed.

Ugh. I'd better just stay at that party and not get in trouble with more people.

***

We finally finished shopping, i'd found a nice champagne dress of course it was short though i don't want to look like a nun on at my engagement party, I'm not some bloody virgin mary.

"I'll see you tonight ok?" Hailey said before giving me a hug goodbye. "You'll be there right?"

"Sure. I'll even bring you over a drink." I smiled sweetly before waving her off and trotting inside.

I was greeted by my 'wonderful' father, hear the sarcsm?

"Good afternoon father." I said mockingly.

"Don't try to wind me up today Amanda... Tell me you'll be there tonight."

I looked at him silently, still debating whether or not i was actually going to turn up. He noticed me thinking and started to frown. "Let me tell you right now Amanda, if you don't show up I-"

"I'll be there." I cut him off. He nodded glaring at me, as though warning me not to make the wrong decision and walked away.

I let out a breath i didn't know i'd been holding and trotted up to my room, slightly defeated.

I pulled out the champagne dress, I may not be ditching tonight but i was still going to turn heads with this dress and hopefully anger my fiance. Just a little.

After hanging it up, i noticed the devil costume i'd bought before. I'd better hide this before anyone sees it and gets mad at me.

The anger would come later tonight but not from everyone else. No. I would be the one that was angry that night.