16

"Tell me it's a fucking lie. Don't bullshit, me where the fuck is Sandro?!" I yell, pushing past Lorenzo and Damien, searching every corner of the house looking for him.

"We told you, he's dea-"

"Don't say that shit to me! He was here...two seconds ago before I fell asleep and you're telling me he's fucking dead?! Who killed him?!" My anger was boiling and I was furious. If they were pulling some type of fuck sick prank on me, I will cut their heads off.

I turned around to look at them both but they were silent.

"Who killed him?!" I asked again but they stood still.

"I did," Damien spoke up.

...

He's lying. They're basically brothers, he could never do this shit. I shook my head at him snd turn back around, continuing my search for Sandro.

"Stop playing me and tell me where he is!"

"I just told you, I fucking killed him! What more do you need me to say in order for that to get through your thick skull?" He spits out.

I never expected that from Damien.

I stared dumbfoundedly at him, literally in denial about everything that came out of his mouth. I stare at Lorenzo for an explanation but he's just as stiff as Damien.

No, he didn't.

He couldn't have.

"You're lying," I hear myself whisper.

I didn't notice I was shaking until I looked down at my hands.

"You're lying, tell me you're lying!" I scream, feeling my tears threatening to spill out. But all the heat and anger boiling inside of me is keeping them in.

All I see is red.

It's true.

"Why," I mumble out, thinking reasons why he would want to even hurt Sandro. "Why! Tell me why would you kill him?!" I yell out and he looks away.

"You think I wanted too? I had no choice, we had no choice." He motions towards him and Lorenzo.

Lorenzo still hasn't spoken a single word about this. Maybe he's mourning for his best friend's loss.

"What do you mean you had no choice?!"

"Because we were all at gunpoint! You, Lorenzo, Blythe, my mother and I were all at gunpoint. The people Alessandro loved were in danger, and he knew it too. The only option was for him to be gone." He screams out loud and Lorenzo starts shaking his head.

"He agreed to it," He finally speaks out.

What?

"He thought if we killed him, all of us would be free from Ella's possession," Lorenzo speaks out and my breath hitches.

He died for our safety?

"But, w-why couldn't you guys just kill her? Why did it have to resolve to this? Why..." I can't even finish what I was trying to say. The tears decided to finally come out and I knew they wouldn't stop for a while.

The only person I ever loved and made me feel loved was...gone. 

He shouldn't be.

It still doesn't feel real.

"Athena, I know it hurts but I need you to understand that-"

"Don't fucking touch me!" I slap his hands away from comforting me. I couldn't deal with this now.