la nuit

i gaze out into the abyss,                                                                                                                                                          les étoiles gaze back at me,                                                                                                                                               they remind me of the light that dances in your eyes                                                                                              that trickles from your fingertips                                                                                                                                        and flows through your veins. 

you, my love, are what galaxies are made of,                                                                                                              and since i cannot hold you in my arms,                                                                                                                                   or trace the constellations of freckles on your face with my lips,                                                                     i will stand here,                                                                                                                                                               eyes locked with the stars, your kin,                                                                                                                                 pleading with them to align our fates.

they do not answer. 

and with the night, la silence has fallen. 

i am alone.