Back to Normal

"Hey Megan, wait up!"

I turned round and saw Una and Nhan coming towards me, smirks on their faces. I stopped and waited for them.

"What are you ladies up to?" I asked, smirking.

They stopped beside me and Nhan said "We've organised a party, and youre coming."

"What?" I asked.

"Una, help her get ready, and make sure you're both in the cargo bay at 2000 hours. Got it?" Nhan ordered.

Una nodded, took me by the arm and dragged me to my quarters. I kept trying to protest, but she wouldn't have any of it. Once we got back to my quarters, I was ordered to freshen up while Una did her thing, so I did. I took a long, hot shower and once I was done, I pulled on a dressing gown and went back into my bedroom. I noticed 2 dress bags lying on the bed, along with a tonne of makeup on my desk.

"What on earth is this?" I asked.

"I'm going to make you look beautiful for this party." She said, dragging me to a seat.

For the next half an hour, Una did my hair and makeup. When I opened my eyes, I barely recognised myself. My hair was curled and styled in a classy up do and my makeup perfectly matched my features.

"Wow." I said, speechless.

"Right, dresses next."

Una went over and grabbed a dress bag. She handed it to me, so I opened it. I gasped- it was so beautiful. It was a midnight blue, long sleeved sparkly dress that had a split in the left side. There was also a pair of matching heels in the bottom of the bag. I went into the bathroom and got changed. The dress fitted me perfectly and really accentuated my figure. I stepped out of the bathroom and saw Una in a form fitting red dress with the same split mine had.

"Shall we?" she asked, extending her hand to me.

I stepped forward, took her hand and we made our way to the cargo bay. As we rounded the corner, I heard music playing and people talking and laughing. We walked in and made a beeline for the bar. I ordered a Saurian brandy and slowly sipped it as I took in the environment.

"Counsellor, I didn't think I'd see you here."

I looked to my right and saw the Captain sitting beside me. I smiled and chuckled lightly.

"Nhan and Una dragged me here." I explained.

He chuckled and I smiled. Goddammit that laugh was infectious. No stop it Megan- you can't have these feelings. Why do I have to keep reminding myself?

"To be honest, it isn't my scene either. I just came to see the crew- it's nice to see them relax."

I nodded and said "I have to agree. We all need this."

Suddenly, the music changed to a slower song, and people began to couple up and dance.

"Care to dance Counsellor?" he asked.

I faced him, smiled and nodded. His face lit up and offered me his hand. I took it and he led me to the dancefloor. He placed one hand on my waist and brought our enclosed hands to his chest. We began to slowly move to the music, becoming lost in our own world. It was in this moment that I couldnt deny the truth anymore- I had feelings for Captain Pike. I felt him pull me closer to him and slip his arm fully round my waist to rest his hand on the small of my back. This was pure bliss and I didn't want it to end, but sadly it did. The music stopped and we left the dancefloor. He disappeared into the crowd after that and I was left alone. I quickly scanned the area and found Una, so I went over to her.