Will this ever end?

3 months later

Day after day, hour after hour, Roger would beat me. He used me like a punching bag and target practice and then left me to suffer until he came to patch me up. In the between moments, I was always hanging on the brink of death, wondering when the end would come. But whenever I felt like allowing myself to slip into the void, I remembered my family on the Enterprise- and Chris. They were my driving force, and I wasn't going to give up on them.

"Hello dear."

I looked up at Roger. This time, I decided to play along- butter him up a little so I could execute an escape plan. All I had to do was get to engineering, disable the warp engines and send out a long-range distress beacon. But first, I had to incapacitate Roger.

"Roger darling, good to see you." I said sweetly, smiling.

He stopped dead in his tracks.

"Finally come around have you?" he asked.

I nodded and replied "I've been an idiot Rog. I should have come to you willingly from the start. I've missed you so much."

I walked closer and wrapped my arms around his neck. He immediately placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer. I decided to be brave and placed my lips on his. He immediately kissed back. It was disgusting to do, but I had to. Without warning, I pulled away, pulled him into a headlock and knocked him unconscious with the Vulcan neck pinch Spock taught me. I dropped his body to the floor and took off running. I quickly found the turbolift and rushed inside.

"Engineering."

The doors slid shut and I sped to my destination. My heart rate began to rise as the doors opened and I entered Engineering. I knew Roger wouldnt be unconscious forever, so I had to be quick. I rushed to a console and frantically tapped in the commands. Within seconds, the whole ship shuddered as the warp engines shut down. I then ran to another console and set up the distress call.

"This is Counsellor Bromley calling the Enterprise. I've disabled the warp engines of the Excelsior and temporarily disabled Roger, but it won't last long. Hopefully you can lock onto this signal and find me soon."

I sent out the message on all subspace frequencies before running to the furthest end of Engineering and squeezed myself between several large storage crates. Waiting there was the scariest thing I've ever done. Suddenly, the doors opened and Roger stormed in. I slid further down so he wouldnt see me and held my breath. I heard him walking round Engineering, steadily getting closer to my location.

"I know you're in here Megan."

His footsteps stopped in front of the container I was currently hiding behind. I daren't move in fear of being discovered. Suddenly, the crate was shoved aside and Roger towered above me, fury on his face. Before I could get away, he grabbed me by my arm and dragged me to the main area of Engineering. He forced me to look at him- at that point my blood turned to ice.

"You've deceived me for the last time."

He let go of me and I was suddenly aware of an intense pain in my chest. I looked down and saw a large knife sticking out of it. I gasped and blood dripped out of my mouth. Roger pulled the knife out and I took the opportunity to grab it, spin it round and jam it into his neck. He almost immediately went limp and we both crashed to the floor. I lay there, blood pooling around me. This time, I knew I wouldn't survive.

"I'm so sorry Chris."

Chris POV

Commander Nhan, Number One and I beamed aboard the Excelsior. We picked up Megan's distress call and when we realised how close she was, we jumped straight into action.