The best news ever

For the past few days, I had been feeling extremely tired and I've been throwing up quite regularly. I initially put it down to exhaustion- I knew I'd been overdoing it a bit work wise, but I also had another thought in the back of my head. To clear things up, I decided to go and see Dr. Boyce.

"Megan, what can I do for you?"

"I haven't been feeling well lately- I've been more tired than usual and I've been throwing up quite a bit. I'm not really sure what's going on so I thought I'd be safe and get checked out."

He nodded and led me to a biobed. I lay down and waited for him to complete the necessary tests. I didn't want to watch as I really didn't like medical environments at all, so I just closed my eyes and waited.

"Well Megan, I think I know why you're feeling unwell."

I sat up and looked at him.

"You're 8 weeks pregnant."

"What?"

"You and Chris have been trying haven't you?" he asked.

I nodded, blushing a little.

He smiled and said "I just need to do a more detailed ultrasound to check on the baby."

I nodded, lay back down and let Dr. Boyce do his thing. A few minutes later, I heard him gasp. I looked at him, concern on my face.

"What is it?"

He smiled and said, "There's 2 heartbeats."

I gasped and put my hand on my stomach. There were 2 babies inside of me. I genuinely couldn't believe it! How could I get so lucky?

"I believe congratulations are in order." he said, giving me a hug.

"Thank you Doctor." I said as we pulled apart.

"Please, call me Phil. Chris and I are old friends, so I think we should be on a first name basis."

"Alright. Thank you Phil- for everything."

I was given some supplements to help me through my pregnancy before being released to my quarters. As I walked, my heart began to race. How would I tell Chris? How would he react? I arrived back at my quarters and found Chris sitting at our desk, glasses on and a PADD in his hand. He looked up at me and smiled.

"Hey sweetheart. I heard you went to sickbay. Are you feeling alright?" he asked as he got up and walked closer to me.

I walked, closed the gap between us and wrapped my arms around his torso. I felt his arms snake round my waist and he tenderly kissed my forehead.

"I was feeling unwell and I've been throwing up for a few days, so I wanted to see if I had a virus or it was all down to exhaustion."

"And? What did he say?" Chris asked, concern written on his face.

"No viruses, not exhaustion, but..."

"But what?" he asked, cupping my cheek with his hand.

"I'm pregnant."

The whole world stood still and Chris face switched from concern to pure joy.

"You're not kidding?" he asked.

"No, and there's something else."

"What?" he immediately asked.

I smiled and said, "It's twins."

He suddenly wrapped his arms fully round my waist, picked me up and spun me round. We both giggled happily and as soon as he put me down, I placed my hand on his neck and connected our lips. He immediately brought his hand to my chin, lightly gripped it and kissed me back. We pulled apart for air and stared into each others eyes.

"We're going to be parents!" he exclaimed.

I nodded and said "Yes we are."