five.

march 30th, 2016

*the day before*

i don't understand what's going on, and i've only been here for literally a day. ciaran and the guys weren't in any of the classes we had, not at lunch, not anywhere, no where to be seen. when school got out i texted ciaran asking him if he was okay, but i highly doubted i was going to get an answer. finally arriving home i go upstairs and toss my backpack in the corner of the room, not really caring where it landed. turning toward the bathroom, i light some candles and just sit in the bathtub, not knowing what i should do. as always, it seems like a good idea to text chloe and ask for advice, seeing she is smart with things like this. 

best friend💔:dawg, i need some advice.

chloe<3: what's up? is everything okay?

best friend💔: on my end yeah. u kno how the boys i met friend got the shit kicked out of yesterday? well like, they ALL didn't show up to school, like none of them. ciaran, matt, nick, no one. and i texted ciaran and he hasn't responded. what do i do?

chloe<3: that sounds really sketch, dude. be careful. if i were you i would just kinda wait it out, maybe try and reach out to nick since you said he sounded interested in you? i just want you to be safe. let me know what happens love you.

best friend💔: love u too, i'll call u later n fill u in.

i pull up nick's number, watching the cursor blink over and over again. i don't know what to say or even what to ask or what seems appropriate. i literally only have known these people for one day. do i even text nick, or do i text ciaran again? ciaran and i got along really well, and he actually talked to me? but ciaran seems so closed in about personal things, but so does nick. and nick is cute and intimidating. noticing that it already was 7:30 and my parents still weren't home, and my brother was out with friends he made already, i decided that i was just going to go to sleep. fuck it, i will see if they're there tomorrow. if not, i'm gonna have to man up and text one of them. it's not like there's 13 fucking boys in that friend group.

*present day*

hearing the alarm blare at 6:15 in the morning, lights still on, clothes still on from the day before, was not exactly how i was planning the day to start. see, i was planning on going to sleep, but for some reason i just shut down really quickly. that emotional and physical exhaustion really got to me. climbing out of bed, i stumble to the bathroom and turn on the light. my eyeliner staind my eyes to make me look like the burglar burger guy from mcdonald's, my hair was sticking up at weird angles, i was just a wreck. the whole entire time i was in the shower, i couldn't help but wonder what was going to happen when i walked in those doors. 

i do basic eyeliner, put my hair up in two space buns, grab a johnny cash tee with black leggings, and a ripped jean jacket. i grab my vans because they seem to be my comfort shoes ever since we have moved here, pick up my backpack and grab my phone off my bed. when i turn on my phone to check what time it is, i saw a 3 missed calls from ciaran from last night, 5 text messages from chloe, and a text from nick. my heart jumped in my throat, forgetting why i even turned on my phone. freaking out, i head out of my room and head downstairs without my brother. clearly, there are more important matters than seeing if my brother was going to be responsible or not.