SunShower (End)

Namjoon fixed his hair once more. He wanted to look perfect for his date with Hoseok.

He let out a frustrated sigh when he realized styling his hair is actually a waste of time since the rain will just ruin it eventually.

Right now, the sun is shining brightly outside. A perfect weather for a date but Namjoon's curse will not let him experience the sun.

"Joon-ah? Are you done?" Hoseok knocked.

"Yes, Hobah. I'll come out now" He answered.

He gave his appearance one last look. Whatever. He thought angrily.

He hated his curse now more than ever. Because of him, Hoseok can't enjoy a perfect weather and what they could do for their date will be limited. Though his Boyfriend always assures him how much he love the rain, Namjoon is afraid that Hoseok will get tired of it sooner or later.

"Oh! Wow!" Hoseok exclaimed when he went out of their room, his usual bright smile was playing on his Boyfriend's lips.

Namjoon tried to bury his growing frustration in the deepest part of his mind. He didn't want to ruin the mood so he attempted to return Hoseok's smile.

But as usual, Hoseok noticed it. His expression turned from bright smile to a triangular pout. "Hey, Are you okay?"

Hoseok is really sensitive when it comes to Namjoon's mood no matter how much he try to hide it.

Since he was a kid, Namjoon understood how much his curse affected the people around him so as much as possible, he didn't want to cause trouble to anyone that he got used to bottling everything inside him.

But I have Hoseok now. He reminded himself.

Namjoon pulled Hoseok close to him. "Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Sure" Hoseok wrapped his one arm around Namjoon's waist while the other is gently patting his back.

They remained in that position for a long moment. In silence, Namjoon allowed himself to get comforted by Hoseok's presence.

"Did I already told you why I love the rain, Namjoon-ah?"

"Not yet Hobah" Namjoon shook his head. "I'm actually curious"

"When its raining, I feel like, it's okay to be sad. I don't have to be as bright as people expect me to be. And most importantly, I can cry without anyone knowing"

Namjoon was speechless.

"So you see? What you think as a curse can be a blessing to others. It always comfort me the same way you did when you saw me crying in the rain. I think your ability is a blessing Namjoon-ah. I don't want you to think otherwise"

"I-I never look at it that way before" He confessed. Being born as the rain child, Namjoon only knew the melancholia rain had brought to his life.

"Sunshine or Rain. Happiness or Sadness. People won't appreciate one without experiencing the other"

Namjoon finally smiled. "I'll keep that it mind. Thank you Hobah"

°°°°°°°°

Like the usual, it rained hard when they went out. But Namjoon willed himself to focus on the fact that he's with Hoseok right now.

His Sunshine.

It is a bit funny to see everyone was rushing to avoid the rain while the two of them were leisurely walking hand and hand, with their raincoat on.

"Have you tried riding a bicycle while its raining?" Hoseok asked.

Namjoon shook his head.

His Boyfriend flashed his brightest smile and pointed at the shop that says "Bike Rental". They are headed to the Han River which is only 10-15 minute walk from their apartment.

Unlike their first date where they went to a fancy restaurant, this time, Hoseok insisted that they should go to a place Namjoon always wanted to visit. So he chose Han River, which he consider as his safe place.

Hoseok pulled him inside the shop and once they have their own bicycle, they raced to the Han River.

Namjoon can't remember the last time he felt this kind of adrenaline rush. He felt free from all his worries while he was riding his bike. He even joined Hoseok's loud giggles when they were trying to beat each other.

"I'm so tired" Hoseok was catching his breath when they finally find a good spot to have their own little picnic.

Namjoon smiled, dimple showing. He pulled Hoseok towards him to let his Boyfriend lean his head on his shoulder.

"I love you Hobah" Namjoon murmured. His heart filled with happiness because of this ball of Sunshine in his arms.

"I love you too, Joo--whoa look!" Hoseok pulled back so that Namjoon could look at wherever he's pointing at.

Namjoon can't believe his eyes. It's still raining but the sky are starting to brighten up and the sun was slowly creeping from the dark clouds.

"Sunshower!" Hoseok exclaimed. Then he started telling Namjoon different folklores connected to the phenomena. But for Namjoon, the only explaination is that, this is a miracle Hoseok had brought to his life.

He was staring at the sky in awe. This is the first time that the Sun showed up when he's outside. And to his surprise, the rain actually stopped and a huge rainbow showed up.

"Look!" Namjoon jumped in happiness. This is the first time he saw the real Sun.

Was my gift lifted or is this just a miracle that will happen once in my lifetime? Namjoon wondered. But when he look at Hoseok's happy face, he decided that it didn't matter. This is enough because he already have his own Sun beside him.

Always..

A/N: So this is the end of my NamSeok Short Story. I hope you guys like this too 🥺 This is for those people like me who Love 94Line 💜 Borahae 💜