Chapter One

Your Part
It was a shiny day in my hometown of surrey as the wind gusted through my H/c hair. I looked at all three of my brothers positioned on the field in formation for our favourite sport, baseball.

Jacob was to my left, his twin and my other brother, Jack to the right. We were all bent down in standard position our hands in the palm of the baseball gloves. It was always important to stay focused when playing against Brian.

He stood, legs bent at home plate, his bat raised high into the air ready for whatever pitch I was going to throw his way.

I was the youngest of three brothers, the twins Jacob and Jack one year older than me and my brother Brian who was three years older. I was only eleven years old and had been playing as the pitcher for my brothers silly games for seven years of my life.

The count was two strikes, no balls and all I needed was one more strike to get Brian out. I picked my leg up to the side of my body bringing my hand with the ball up to my chest. I stood there balanced for about three seconds as I lobbed it in.

Of course my brother had to hit it as far as he could and I watched it fly to the air hearing him Yelp with joy. I watched the ball fly over my head wishing it would just freeze in midair and slowly float into my hands. This way I wouldn't have to go home hearing my brother talk about how he was the best at baseball and not even all three of us against him could take it.

Then the next thing I knew all my brothers were staring in the air too. I glanced at them oddly before looking up where they were all staring at the ball Brian had hit which was now frozen in the air above me. I watched as my vision played out right in front of my eyes the ball slowly descending into my brown glove.

"BLOODY HELL DID YOU SEE WHAT I JUST DID" I yelled in excitement. I wasn't as surprised because things like this had been happening to me years before. Like the other day i had gone to a bakery and with the blink of my eye the glass of the display case had disappeared. I grabbed all the croissants I ever wanted. I told my brothers everything but they didn't believe me. Now that it has happened in front of their eyes I was so excited to see their reactions.

However all that happened was Jacob and Jack jumping up and down yelling "we got him out. We got Brian out". I watched Brian stomp away not even realizing that I had just made a ball freeze in the fricken sky.

I looked down annoyed before glancing over at the park in the field we always played in. I saw the same boy I always saw there sitting in the swings rocking back and forth looking lonely as ever. He had a big mop of black hair, with round glasses and he always wore clothes that seemed way too big for him.

Before I knew it my legs were dragging me over to the swings where he sat as my brothers yelled at me to come back but they just carried on with the game anyways.

I waved at the boy with a smile and he looked at me with a surprised look, like no one had waved at him with a smile in his life.

I sat down on the swing slowly rocking back and forth just like him. The wind picked up but it was fine for me as my red wool sweater kept me warm. I finally decided to break the silence introducing myself, "hi my names y/n. Y/n L/n". He looked up at me hesitating before looking down.

The boy finally picked up his head adjusting his  glasses which I could now see were held together by a piece of tape. He brushed the hair out of his face revealing a lightning bolt scar I found to be cool. "My names Harry, Harry Potter" he responded. I smiled at him as he gave me an awkward smile back like he hadn't smiled in a long time.

The silence picked up once again but, He didn't let it go for too long saying "I saw what you did there with the baseball in the air. It was quite interesting". I smiled even bigger now, "you saw that" I asked excited. Harry nodded, "I understand it too. Yesterday I spoke to a snake and trapped my cousin in its exhibit" he said as we burst out laughing.