Chapter Seven

Your Part: After finally finding something useful about Nicholas Flamel all of us were particularly eager to keep searching. Ron, Hermionie, Harry and I ran across the wet grassy field on our way to Hagrid's hut. Harry rapidly pounded the door with his fist before it opened to reveal Hagrid in oven mitts and an apron.

"Hagrid" Harry exclaimed as Hagrid said hurriedly "Oh, hello. Sorry, don't wish to be rude, but I'm in no fit state to entertain today". We all exchanged looks before belting out rather loudly "we know about the Philosophers Stone"! Hagrid looked taken aback as he let us in.

I slowly sat in a chair beside Ron as Hermionie sat too, Harry standing at the ready. "We think Snape's trying to steal it" Harry confessed. "Blimey Harry, your still not on about him, are you" Hagrid questioned. It was still a bit of a mystery to me as well on why we all were so sure it was Snape. However I didn't want to annoy Harry with this so I kept it to myself.

"Hagrid we know he's after the stone, we just don't know why" Harry kept going. "Snape is one of the teachers protecting the stone. He's not about to steal it" Hagrid exclaimed. Harry's face turned to confusion as he said "what". "I knew it" I yelled. All looks were on me before I mumbled "sorry...was thinking out loud" as Ron patted my shoulder.

"You heard me. Now go on it's time to go, I'm preoccupied" Hagrid tried ushering us out once again. "Wait a minute one of the teachers" I asked suddenly getting a bit more curious. "Of course there are other things defending the stone aren't there? Spells, enchantments". A big black dog began sniffing Ron who was looking a bit agitated.

"That's right. Waste of bloody time, if you ask me.Ain't no one gonna get past Fluffy" Hagrid said. Ron, who was now getting sniffed in the face by the dog backed into me. "Sorry" he mumbled before I shooed the dog away as he gave me a small smile as if in a thank you.

"Hehe, not a soul knows how. Except for me and Dumbledore. I shouldn't have told you that. I shouldn't have told you that. Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Ooh!" Hagrid went on although he was soon interrupted by a the rattling of a cauldron on his stove. To my sudden surprise Hagrid ran over to pull out a...egg?!

"Uh Hagrid, what exactly is that" Harry questioned as Hagrid put the egg on the table. "That...it's a um" Hagrid started before Ron cut him off exclaiming "I know what that is. But Hagrid how did you get one"?! "I won it. Off a stranger I met down at a pub. Seemed quite glad to be rid off it, as a matter of fact" Hagrid responded.

Soon after the egg started to rattle and crack as pieces started falling off. I jumped a little to find myself gripping Ron's wrist only to realize that it was just a small little dragon that emerged. I looked away letting go in embarrassment as Ron gave a small laugh at my overreaction to the creature.

"Is that... a dragon" Hermionie asked as we all crowded around the dragon in curiosity.
"That's not just a dragon. That's a Norwegian Ridgeback! My brother Charlie works with these in Romania" Ron spoke a proud smile spreading across his face.

"Isn't he beautiful? Oh. Bless him, look. He knows his mummy. Hehe. Hallo, Norbert" Hagrid said happily as the dragon gave him a small squeak making me smile. "Norbert" Harry questioned giving Hagrid a confused look.
"Yeah, well, he's got to have a name, doesn't he" Hagrid went on.

"He's rather cute, don't you think" I said looking over to Norbert. "Yea" I heard Ron mumble beside me before glancing my way.
"Did you hear that Norbert, your a cutie aren't ye" Hagrid encouraged the dragon. But suddenly Norbert backed away, hiccuped and blew a fireball of fire into Hagrid's beard.

"Ohh! Oooh, ooh, ooh, well...he'll have to be trained up a bit, of course" Hagrid said jumping back a little. I glanced around the hut before something caught my eye at the window...or someone in this case. "Hey, who was that" I exclaimed as the figure ran off.
"Malfoy" Harry grumbled as I saw him clench his fists.