Chapter Five

Your Part: I sat in the stands as many excited students cheered beside me. I stood between Neville and Ron as Hermionie sat near us. "The energy here is totally crazy" she yelled over the loud voices. "Yea it's great" Ron yelled back as he smiled at me.

It was then the Gryffindor team flew out to join the Slytherin team as Hermionie and I joined Ron cheering and pumping our fists in the air yelling with the rest "GO GO GRYFFINDOR" as Lee Jordan spoke on the loud speaker "Hello and welcome to Hogwarts' first quidditch match of the season. Slytherin verses Gryffindor"! More cheering followed as all players got into position. Then only after a few more minutes Lee Jordan announces "The quaffle is released...and the game begins" as each player sets off.

I watch as one of our chasers Angelina Johnston zooms past a Slytherin before throwing the quaffle in as Lee announces this to the crowd. I jump up and down along with what seems to be every Gryffindor in the stands taking even more pleasure in each Slytherin frowning on their side of the stadium.
Harry flies past us giving a wave and smile as the game continues.

After another ten points are added to Gryffindor I notice how the Slytherins start to get rough. My point is proven when poor Oliver Wood saves a possible goal as Flint from Slytherin bats a beater at him. I'm not gonna lie a small tear fell down my cheek as Oliver fell to the ground Ron giving me a sympathetic frown. The issue just continued when two Slytherins box out Angelina as she falls off her broom too.

Almost the whole pitch is a series of booing except from the Slytherin fans. Ron is going ballistic beside me and I can faintly hear him apologizing to me about how "awful this rotten match is" and how he wanted my "first game to be cool". Of course Slytherin is winning at this point and to make matters even worse is what I point out to Ron.

I shake his shoulder before we both look at Harry who's broom is going all over the place. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's going on with Harry's broomstick" Hagrid bellows from behind us. Hermionie is quick to respond saying "it's Snape he's jinxing it". "Jinxing the broom", "what do we do" Ron cuts in finishing my sentence. "Leave it to me" Hermionie yells as she leaves us.

Not only a few seconds later Harry's broom throws him off as he's dangling by one hand. "Harry no" I yell clasping Ron's wrist as tightly as I can. I feel like I'm about to throw up, Harry was my first friend here, I can't lose him. Ron then points my attention to where the teachers are sitting as I see them all bustling around looking disturbed. I smile knowing it must have been Hermionie as I realize Harry is back on his broom.

"Go Harry" Ron and I yell before I finally let go of Ron's wrist as he glances my way before drawing our attention back to the game. I watch in anticipation as Harry and the Slytherin seeker dive for the snitch. Harry stands up on his broom before falling off. My breath catches as I feel my heart stop. Harry slowly gets up Hagrid yelling "he's gonna be sick". Harry hesitates before coughing up something. Wait...THE SNITCH!

"He's got the snitch. Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the snitch. Gryffindor wins" I hear Lee Jordan yell. Everything else is a haze of cheering as Ron and I jump up and down face to face clasping onto eachothers shoulders from across our bodies. Harry raises the snitch above his head glancing at Ron and I with the biggest smile I've seen in my life. It makes me happy. I'm gleaming ear to ear as Ron and I walk side by side exiting the pitch.
***
"Nonsense why would Snape put a jinx on Harry's broom" Hagrid says beside us. Harry, Ron, Hermionie and I are walking alongside Hagrid outside.
(Imma just put the names beside people for this next part since there is so much talking. Aight back to the story)
Harry: Who knows. Why was he trying to get past that 3 headed dog on Halloween?
Hagrid: Who told you 'bout Fluffy?
Ron: Fluffy? That thing has a name?
Hagrid: Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...
You: Yes?
Hagrid: Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is. Harry: But Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!
Hagrid: Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher.

I mean I kinda agreed with Hagrid. Were we sure Proffesor Snape was responsible for everything. I wanted to say something but I was just too scared of what they might think. Ron must have noticed my confused face as he looked at me mouthing "what". I just shook my head tuning back into the conversation.

Hermionie: Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read all about them. You have to keep eye contact. And Snape wasn't blinking.
Ron: Exactly.
Hagrid:Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddlin' in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.
You: Nicholas Flamel?
Hagrid: "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. I should not have said that". After that Hagrid left us muttering to himself.

"Nicholas Flamel...Who's Nicholas Flamel" I asked. "I don't know" Harry said as I looked to Ron who shrugged beside me.
***
The snow falls peacefully onto the grounds as Harry and I walk to the great hall where we can meet with Ron. I have come back from my tenth practice with the Gryffindor quidditch team as we had just a quidditch game for fun with only our team today.

"You are definitely gonna make the team next year y/n" Harry exclaimed from beside me. I looked to him a smile spreading across my face saying "thanks Harry, really".

We walked to the Gryffindor table in the great hall as we sat next to Ron who waved. "Wanna play wizards chess with me y/n" Ron asked with a hopeful smile. "I've never played tho Ron" but he just kept telling me to play until I eventually gave in.

We have been playing for maybe twenty minutes and I'm losing horribly as Harry is watching beside Ron. "Knight to E-5" I command hoping it will beat Ron. "Queen to E-5" Ron commands as his queen takes my knight away and I sigh in annoyance. "That's totally barbaric" I hear the familiar voice of Hermionie say from behind me.

"That's wizards chess. I see you've packed" Ron smiles turning to Hermionie. "I see you haven't" Hermionie shot back at Ron. "Change of plans. My parents decided to go to Romania to visit my brother, Charlie. He's studying dragons there" Ron exclaimed. "Really, I love dragons" I joined in. "Then you should go help Charlie" Ron said smiling to me as we stayed like that before Hermionie interrupted.

"Well you haven't packed either y/n" she said then turning to me. I frowned before explaining "Yea ummm...my parents are busy...you know with work". I didn't want to tell them the real reason I couldn't go back. It was too hard to say in front of them. (You guys will find out next chapter, don't worry lol).

Harry noticed my frown saying "are you really sure". I nodded before Hermionie said "Good. You guys can help Harry, then. He's going to go the library for information on Nicholas Flamel". "We've looked a hundred times" I moaned. Hermionie just countered saying "not in the restricted section. Happy Christmas" before leaving us sitting at the table.

Ron turned to me rolling his eyes as he said "we've had a bad influence on her". "No kidding" I mumbled as Harry nodded his head beside us...

I'm having so much fun writing this story and I'm honestly pretty excited to write my book for their second year. Tell me what you guys think so far and remember to vote!