Twins of Trouble

"Easy on the blush, I don't wanna look like a circus clown May." Evie snapped, swatting May's hand away from her face. Through the mirror Evie watched as May rolled her eyes and flicked a strand of honey-coloured hair over her shoulders. Petite and curvy, with voluminous waves and dark eyes, May was beautiful. But not as beautiful as Evie.

"Then you do it. I don't know why you asked me to do your makeup anyway; yours is always on fleek." May turned around and faced Evie's substantial closet, swinging the doors wide open. "Imma try these on." She gestured to a pleated mini skirt and tight sweatshirt.

"Mmhmm." Evie faced the mirror again and picked up her favourite lipstick. Man-eater by Dior. She gently coated her lips with the cherry red paint. Evie was stunning. No one could argue otherwise, not the plastic surgeon after he revealed the new nose to perfect her, or the judges of all the pageants she'd won, or even the girls who hated her. Tall and thin, with tanned skin and dead-straight raven hair, kept shoulder-length to perfectly frame her high cheekbones, long lashes and full lips. She'd even been told multiple times that she looked like Megan Fox's body double. If it weren't for hair slightly too straight and eyes more green than blue.

"Why do we have to go anyway? I thought Dylan was at an away game?" Came the muffled whine from within the closet. Evie sighed and turned around on the swivel chair, just in time to see May emerge from the closet. She'd discarded the skirt and sweater – too peppy anyway – and opted instead for a tight acid-washed denim shirt paired with a low cut sparkly tank top and strappy wedge heels.

May frowned at herself in the floor length mirror, turning left and right. "If my ass was any bigger then this totally wouldn't fit. And it's like brand new Evie."

"Maybe if you stopped wearing my clothes, which aren't designed for curves, then you'll stop spilling out of them." Evie hit back, but smiled playfully, to which May barked out a laugh. "But you look smoking girl. And you know it."

"I need clothes, to remind all the boys of what they're missing out on. You could just walk in naked and get the same response." Even as she said this, May grinned wickedly, the glint in her eyes revealing how proud she was of her looks. Evie wouldn't judge, couldn't, because she was the same.

"Funny." Evie drawled, drawing the word out. She got up and stepped into her walk-in closet that looked like a runway warehouse for designers. May sat down by the mirror and started on her hair. Evie gingerly stepped out of her robe, still clad in panties and a bra, and leafed through her clothes.

"No, no, no, maybe, no, definitely no... ah." Finally spotting a little red dress, a lighter shade than her lippy, skin tight and leaving little to the imagination. She smiled to herself and pulled it on, getting May to zip her up.

"Ooh. Someone's getting all dressed up." May hinted playfully, wiggling her eyebrows. "Is it for Dylan?" Evie frowned.

"Dylan is at an away game tonight, at Kleppers Senior," Evie said, referring to a high school in the next town over, Kleppers Vally. Dylan Fresh, Mount Georgia's star soccer player and notorious flirt. Well, former flirt.

"So we're going to the Joses' brother's party because...?" May asked, confusion evident. The Joses, more commonly known as the 'twins of trouble' who threw wild parties for every occasion in their parents holiday house. Including the annual start of school year bash. Evie sighed, looking for her purse. "Have you seen my Kate Spade clutch? The black one with the pearl strap?"

"It's in the coat room, you left it there last week after Stella's 17th at the yacht club," May said before crossing her arms over her chest.

Evie sighed again and dragged a hand through her hair. "Fine. I want to go have a fun night with my girls. Why do I need to wait for Dylan before I can go out?" The words came out in a rush, like she was confessing her crimes.