Coming out of the closet

A/N: Credit to WyvernInk  for the character manipulation!

Roxy Adams, will you by my girlfriend? The words blared through Roxy's brain like an alarm. Taking a deep breath, pushing her thoughts aside, Roxy grabbed her mitts again. She jumped up and down and let out a few practise shots before turning to her coach, ready to go.

But Jebb just stood there, hands by his sides. Roxy lowered her stance.

"Ready?" She asked. He stared at her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" He asked, taking Roxy by surprise.

"Excuse me? None of your damn business." She responded and he snorted.

"Bullshit. This girl comes in here, and lays out her heart for you, and you just... throw it away." He flicks out his arms, real anger in his eyes. Roxy was taken aback. Jebb was the calmest person she knew. He never gets upset or emotional, and she could always count on him to be hard as a rock.

"You don't even know her. Don't know anything about me and her." Roxy fired back, heating up.

"But I know you. And I know that over the last couple months, you've never been happier. And I know last week, when you texted me to come sparr with you, how upset you were over that girl. How much it hurt you. And here you stand, deciding she's not good enough." His words were cold but honest, no cruelty there.

"I did not say she's not enough, I said it was too late."

"Too late for what Roxanne? Too late to heal your wounded pride? Or too soon for you to be vulnerable enough to get hurt again?" Roxy stayed quiet, staring at the man. Maybe he's right, maybe I'm just afraid of getting hurt.

"You can't come out to the rink, can't box, if you're not prepared to get hit. It's the same with love Roxy." Jebb said simply, and the words hit home. He's right. I've been a fool, letting my insecurities and my pride fester this last week. Determined not to let myself get hurt like that again, even if it meant hurting Evie.

She stared at Jebb and he saw the dawning in her eyes. He raised an eyebrow. "Well? Go after her."

And Roxy did. At the door, she turned around and smiled her thanks at her dad. Jebb just nodded. Roxy ran to her car, dialling Evie's phone on the way. Three consecutive attempts, all straight to voicemail. How do I find her? Roxy tapped her fingers on her steering wheel impatiently at a red light. An idea came to her, and she quickly shot off a text to someone she'd never met.

You don't know me, but I'm a friend of Evie's. And I've screwed up and need to make things right. Do you know where she is? Roxy

A couple moments later a response came through, giving her a familiar address. Roxy hooked a sharp illegal u-turn and sped off. What felt like an eternity later, she arrived at the Jose's mansion, teeming with people.

Roxy got out of her car and pushed her way inside, scanning the crowd for Evie. And there, in the middle of the room, dancing on top of a table, was Evie, a bottle in hand. Roxy pushed closer, and saw it was a bottle of tequila, and it was more swaying than dancing.

"EVIE! EVIE!" Roxy called out but she was swallowed by the music. She struggled to push forward, and was almost there when Evie stopped.

"Everybody, I have an announcement to make." Evie half screamed half slurred, and the music softened. Oh no. "I just got rejected by the person I asked out. But, it's okay," she giggled and took a sip of the bottle, "because I'm ready for everyone to know. I'm GAY!"