Jolivia Imagine: Technical Difficulties

Joshua's POV:

Because of this Covid epidemic and social distancing thing going on in the world, the cast and I decided that we should have a viewing party for Olivia's "All I Want" Music video. I told Olivia about it and she got so excited and happy. She seemed pretty upset earlier that she couldn't hang out with the cast the night the video dropped. We were going to watch the video a few minutes after it was released on YouTube so that we didn't have lagging problems.

It was a few minutes after midnight, and everyone joined in on a group zoom video chat except, Olivia. She didn't miss the one we had on Tim's birthday and she expressed her sadness about how she missed the cast over the phone to me a day ago. This is was unusual. It was her music video. Maybe she fell asleep?

*Over Zoom Call*

"Did someone remind Olivia about it? The video is airing right now, and we all want to watch it after the premiere." Sofia said while petting her dog.

"She's never late to these kinds of things." Dara said concerned.

"Guys, I want to go to sleep." Frankie complained.

"Someone should call or text her. Frankie your staying up for this." Joe piped up next to Frankie.

"I'll call her." I spoke up.

I muted my video chat so that I could call Olivia. Something was going on and I knew that she wouldn't be sleeping on this occasion. It was her moment to shine.

Olivia's POV:

I watched the premiere of the music video, before the zoom chat with the cast because I wanted to see people's reactions to it. I worked so hard on that video. It was not easy getting on top of that piano in the dress.

After the countdown finished, I immediately scrolled down to the comments and saw tons of Rini and HSMTMTS comments. One comment stood out though, "Your trying too hard to be liked. Eeew that dress makes you look uglier." And that comment was followed be a bunch of other hate comments. All I could see was hate comments in my mind. I forgot about the zoom call and broke down crying in my bed. Thank the lord I don't have to work for a long time, no makeup is good tonight.

After a few minutes of crying my eyes out, the video changed onto a Geiko ad, meaning that it was over. I was about to exit out of Youtube, but I heard my phone ring. I got up and my wiped my eyes with my baggy sweatshirt and picked up my phone. It was Josh. Shoot. The video call, I forgot.

*Phone Call*

"Hey Liv, I hope you didn't forget about your big night. The cast and I are waiting on zoom to watch the video with you."

"Oh, hey Josh, I totally forgot. Something came up and it slipped my mind." I said sniffling and wiping a few more tears because I was staring at that comment again.

"Are you okay Liv? your voice is cracking and your sniffling."

"I'm fine. It's allergies. I'll log on to my laptop in a minute." I said getting a tissue and wiping my eyes.

"Olivia Rodrigo. You do not sound fine. What's going on. The music video can wait."

"Josh, people hate the video. I was scrolling through the comments and I saw so many hate comments. Nobody likes it." I said crying again as I was scrolling through the comments again.

"Number one rule when you're in the music industry, do not read the comments. There will always be mean people in this world. Ignore them. There are over a thousand people saying nice things about you. You worked so hard on this and your proud of it. That's what matters. Not there opinion."

"Thanks, Joshy, that helped a lot. I'm going to wash my face then log onto Zoom." I said smiling even though he couldn't see me.

"I'm always here for you and the whole cast and Tim, Jason and Kimmy are waiting for you.

*End Call*

I washed my face and wiped more tears before lounging back onto my bed. This time, I was crying happy tears because I was so happy to have someone like Joshua in my life. I got onto Zoom and joined the chat. My smile grew bigger and bigger as I saw all of my friends on the screen.

*Zoom Call*

"Hey guys, sorry I'm keeping you up late. I had some technical difficulties. I miss you all and hope you are safe. Now let's watch the music video." I said to the camera.

"Girl, your telling me about your technical difficulties tonight after this." Dara said snapping her fingers as Frankie whistled.

"Everyone press the play button on the video in 3...2...1..." Joshua said smiling at the camera.

After the video, everyone was silent. I didn't know if this was a good or bad thing. This was my first professional music video.

"Is there something wrong with the video?" I asked quietly.

"Olivia that was wow! I am speechless. That was incredible." Tim said on his screen.

"I am so proud of you Liv." Josh said.

"Girl, you have to tell me about this piano in the water thing." Dara said clapping her hands applauding me."

"That was. Wow." Matt said.

"I am so honored to work with such a talented person like you." Sofia said while smiling.

"Olivia that was fantastic!" Larry said excitedly.

"I feel like a proud mom." Julia said as everyone laughed.

Even the producers and adults from the cast made the best compliments. I was smiling so big now. This was the best part of my night. I missed my family. Theatre brings family like Ricky says in the show. Josh, Julia and I decided to end the zoom call with peace signs. It was our thing.