Requested fic: A Night Under the Stars

Author's Note: This was requested by @-RICHARDS I hope you like it.

Helen's POV:

My shift was supposed to end half an hour ago, but all of a sudden, the small coffee shop that I worked at got really busy and I was on duty again. My boss didn't do anything about the crowd and told me to lock up afterward. I was really stressed and didn't want to continue with making half caf mochas and had a date with my boyfriend Joshua Bassett at 7.

By the time the line cleared up, I was sweating and mopping up some coffee spills. I heard the door ring and saw Joshua walk in looking very handsome. He had one of his classic comfy blue hoodies on and jeans paired with vans. Classic Joshua Bassett.

"Hey Hels, you ready for our date tonight?" Joshua said as he put the bouquet of flowers, he had down on a table nearby.

"Yeah let me lock up and grab my stuff from the staff room." I replied tiredly.

When I came back I saw Joshua holding a cup full of whipped cream that he probably stole from behind the counter. He walked over to hug me and smashed the whipped cream cup in my face.

"Joshua Bassett how dare you?" I giggled as I kissed him and got whipped cream on his nose.

"Hmmm. That's sweet. Just like you." He said licking the whupped cream off of his nose.

"Now I need to clean this off of my face before locking up. My boss will be so mad if she sees on the security camera that we're making out in her shop." I said kissing him again tasting the sweetness.

After locking up, Joshua and I walked hand in hand to his car. As the gentleman he is, he opened the passenger seat door for me and then kissed my cheek.

"So where are we going Joshy?" I said poking his cheek.

"It's a surprise." Joshua said starting the car.

"I don't like surprises." I pouted.

"You'll like this one." He winked at me and then reached over to hold my hand.

After a short 15-minute drive that consisted of Joshua humming to Harry Styles on the radio and him leaning over for kisses at every stop light, we stopped at a field. Joshua parked the car by a patch of dirt and then got out to open my door for me.

"We're going on a date in the middle of nowhere. What a great surprise?" I said sarcastically and yawning because I was tired.

"We're not in the middle of nowhere. Wait here. I'm going to get some stuff from the trunk." Joshua said as he kissed my cheek.

Joshua came back holding a picnic basket and a blanket. I stared at him confused. He held the basket and blanket in one hand and mine in another. We walked for a few minutes down a path to a large field of daisies. They were glowing and looked like little golden orbs.

"Wow. This is so beautiful. It's so peaceful at night." I said letting go of his hand to touch a daisy.

"Like you." Joshua replied staring back at me.

"For our moonlight date, I bought a blanket to sit on, two ham and cheese sandwiches' and your favorite cheesecake. There's also pillows at the bottom of the basket. We can set up wherever you like." Joshua said to me unfolding the blanket.

"Lets' sit down right here. I want to cuddle." I replied kissing his cheek making him blush under the stars.

Joshua laid the blanket down getting all tangled under it. I had to help him lay it down properly as we giggled under it while doing so.

When we were all set up, I sat on the blanket admiring the stars twinkling up in the sky. Joshua pulled me into his arms.

"This is the perfect date. I love you Joshy." I said cuddling into his chest. We just sat there staring at the stars for what felt like a hour but was only half an hour.

"I love you too. Nells."

Joshua fed me bites of the sandwhich as we watched the stars twinkle. I cuddled into his chest and started to close my eyes.

"You're beautiful, you know that, Helen?" Joshua whispered to me as I opened my eyes to look into his.

"Hmm it's cold. Can you get closer?" I mumbled half asleep in his arms.

As if on cue, Joshua pulled out a even fluffier blanket out of the basket and wrapped it around me as he cuddled me tightly.

"Is that better Nells?"

"It's perfect." I said as I kissed his lips again. The moon was full tonight and there was a single comet darting through the sky as we cuddled.

After lots of cuddling and finishing the cheesecake, I was too tired from the long day at work and fell asleep cuddling into Joshua's chest. I felt Joshua pick me up a few minutes later and put me in the backseat of his car. I heard the trunk open and assumed that he had packed up. I felt an even fluffier blanket being placed over me and a light kiss om my forehead from Joshua before falling into a deep sleep.

"Sleep tight, Helen. I love you." Joshua whispered before starting the car.