Jolivia Imagine: A Confidence Boost

Author's Note: I don't remember who requested this sorry. Josh and Olivia are best friends in this story. This will be the last story in this book since I am working on Imagines and Finding Belle. Thank you so much for reading. :) Also Josh in stripes hot damnnnn.

Olivia's POV:

"Hey, Olivia, you're on in half an hour with Josh. He's in his dressing room." My makeup artist said as I nervously bit my nails. Bad habit.

"Thanks Molly. Tell him I need some free time to myself. I just need to process this." I said trying to act calm.

To be honest, I am the most nervous I have ever been in my whole life. I'm about to perform "Breaking Free" in front of a big live audience in New York. I could ruin a Disney channel classic. I might humiliate myself. I'm only 16.

I started shaking my leg and my throat got dry, it happens when I'm nervous. I bet Josh isn't nervous at all. That guy sings for his family and sisters a lot. He's got a good ego too. While I was nervously thinking about the performance, I didn't realize a knock on my door. My makeup artist must have left. I got up to get the door while grabbing my water bottle and saw Josh standing there smiling.

"Hey Liv, you ready for our big performance? We're going to be Disney stars soon." Josh beamed as he walked into my dressing room.

"Yeah of course." I smiled slightly as I took small sips of my water.

"Hey are you ok? Your nails are bitten down to the bottom and your stuffed animal is out of your suitcase." Joshua said slightly laughing at me.

Ugh I forgot to put Franklin away. He's my good luck charm for shows and no one knows I still have a stuffed animal. It's so embarrassing because I'm 16.

"Oh, umm that's just a gift. No biggie uhh yeah could you maybe leave so I could get dressed please and thank you." I said nervously as I put Franklin in my suitcase hiding him.

"Olivia Rodrigo, are you feeling ok? You never stutter." Joshua said getting close to me. Damn he is so hot.

"Yeah I got to get dressed bye." I shoved him playfully out of my room.

Wow. He probably thinks I'm a freak or a baby.

I got dressed in the outfit that my stylist laid out for me and went over the lyrics again as I hugged Franklin. Too bad my parents are in the audience. I could really use a pep talk right now.

**********

When it was our cue to go on Joshua stood on the opposite side of the stage smiling at me. He looked so handsome and confident.

Joshua started singing,

We're soarin', flyin'
There's not a star in heaven
That we can't reach

He got every line right and sang so perfectly. I don't think he noticed that my hands were shaking and sweaty since he was standing six feet apart from me. He smiled at me as it was my turn to sing.

I sang my first few lines perfectly,

If we're trying
So breaking free

The next part was a duet and I think he noticed that I was nervous because he started harmonizing first to get on key. I was thankful to have a friend on stage. We sang the chorus together as He kept staring at me. Somehow, this boost my confidence and helped me continue the song.

You know the world can see us
In a way that's different than who we are
Creating space between us, 'til we're separate hearts
But your faith, it gives me strength
Strength to believe

Throughout the whole song Joshua was smiling at me and lip syncing the words to me whenever he noticed that I was glancing into the big crowd too much. He was such a good friend and moral support. I needed to thank him after.

When we finished the song, Joshua exited to the opposite side of the stage as me, so I didn't get a chance to see him. I was a little bummed that he didn't give me a hug or something afterwards. But I knew that I would see him later today for press tour.

I took my in ears out to hear the crowd singing another song from the set list and went back to my dressing room to get changed. I changed into some comfier clothes and put my robe on since I wanted to relax before our car came to pick us up. My makeup artist was taking my makeup off as I was scrolling through my text messages from my friends from the cast. Once again someone knocked on the door, Molly, my makeup artist got the door for me so I could rest and then left. Joshua came over to the couch I was sitting on and sat next to me. He still had his outfit on.

"Hey Liv, you were amazing out there. Everyone loved hearing you as Gabriella." Josh said as he got closer to me.

My breathing was getting faster and I am pretty sure that my face looked like a tomato right now. How embarrassing.

"Umm thanks you were too. Thanks for being my confidence boost. I couldn't have done it without you." I replied nervously since he was sitting so close to me.

"Liv, you know we're practically best friends, you don't need to be nervous around me." Joshua said taking my hand gently.

"I guess it's just after show nerves still running through my mind." I sighed as I tightened my robe.

"You know Liv, you're really beautiful." Joshua said staring at me.

"Thanks." I said as I could feel myself blushing.

"I'm so proud of you, just remember that." Joshua said before he kissed my cheek gently.

I could definitely feel my cheeks turning red. Josh just kissed my cheek. I mean yeah, we're playing lovers on a tv show and we are best friends in real life, but he can't like me. I'm just a teenage girl co-star. I had a small crush on him for the first few months of our friendship.

"Thanks." I replied as I kissed his cheek. It's a girl boy best friend thing ok.

"Liv, I really like you more than a friend and I've been waiting for a moment alone, just us two. We've been best friends for the past few months. And we really get each other. We make perfect harmonies and I.." Josh said to me really fast, he was probably nervous.

I leaned over and kissed him on the lips gently. Surprisingly, he kissed me back. I mean yeah, he said he liked me but I didn't expect it in a dressing room.

"I really like you too Joshua Bassett. Not just for a showmance, like for real." I whispered to him as I cuddled into his shoulder.

"Liv, Can we just stay here until our next press event? It's comfy." Josh replied as he held onto my hand.

"hmmm. I like that. All these press tours and interviews are making me tired. I just want some peace and quiet." I replied snuggling into his chest. Wow his heartbeat is so relaxing.

"I'll text Tim that he can send the car over a little later. I'll make a small lie that you're still getting ready for the next event." Joshua replied as he kissed my forehead.

A/N: Thanks for reading this book. Go check out my other books if you haven't already.