Friday Netflix Date Night

Warnings: mention of abuse

Every Friday after finishing homework, you had Netflix binge nights with your boyfriend Joshua Bassett. They were all held at his house, since you would not let him see your house. You were embarrassed and scared for him to see it because it was old and not taken care of, but you never told him that.

Joshua's POV:

"Hey (Y/N), Do you think we can have Netflix night at your house tonight? My sisters are having a sleepover and it's going to be loud in the house." I said kissing my girlfriend on the lips by her locker.

"No, sorry my mom is having her book club friends over tonight." She said upset.

"Oh, okay. I did not know your mom had a book club. I'll ask my dad to clear the basement then. I love you, bye love." I walked away to my next class.

*That Night at the Bassett's*

Y/N's POV:

"What are we watching tonight?" I asked Josh as you got situated on the large couch in the basement.

"Well I saw this new show on Netflix, Outer banks, and wanted to binge watch tonight." He said wrapping his arms around you.

"Ok. I'm down for a binge night let's do it." I said excitedly snuggling into his arms.

When you guys got to episode 3, you were hiding your face between the blanket on the couch and Joshua's sweatshirt. To be honest, you weren't scared. The scenes were too triggering for you and reminded you of your past. You had not yet told Joshua much about your past, so he assumed you were scared and cuddled with you.

"Joshy, I got to pee. We can cuddle after I come back." I whined to him as he stopped the episode.

"Ok but be right back love." Josh kissed my cheek before letting you go.

Joshua's POV:

It's been ten minutes and (Y/N) hasn't been back from the bathroom yet. Is she okay? Did I do something wrong? Did she get her period? Did she run into my sisters? Did she get lost? I walked to the guest bathroom on the far end of the basement and knocked gently.

"Hey, (Y//N/N) are you okay? You've been in there for a while."

I hear the sink turn on and some shuffling before my girlfriend walks out with her head down. I immediately wrap her into a bear hug and lead her back to the couch.

"What's wrong? Did I do something? Is it umm your time of the month? Do you want to watch something else?" I frantically asked her to try to see what was wrong.

"Josh, I need to tell you something." She whispered cuddling into my hoodie.

"Ok."

"Well first, I don't want to watch Outer Banks anymore. And second..." (Y/N's eyes started filling with tears.

"It's okay. Take a breath. You don't have to tell me right now."

"My dad was in an abusive relationship with my mom when I was younger. That's why I don't live with two parents like you do. And my mom has a problem with me meeting boys because of it that's why I didn't introduce her to you yet. And I can't stand watching JJ on tv. That was like my reality once. I'm sorry." (Y/N) was wiping her tears that kept falling with my hoodie and I didn't mind.

"I'm so sorry about your father. I didn't know. Your always welcome at my house. Want to cuddle and watch something else or we could play a board game?" I said rubbing circle on her back and kissing her lips.

"Can we watch Madagascar 2 its on Netflix?" (Y/N) begged

"Ok. But we get to cuddle right?"

"Of course, Joshy."

Towards the end of the movie (Y/N) was asleep, so I covered her with a blanket and carried her to the guest room. My sister Winter saw me carrying her and took one look at us while smiling.