Ghost- KC

(Kairi Consentino)

"Honey. It's time for dinner."

I shuddered. It was cold without him. Without his soft touch.

I only nodded my head and laid back down.

It's like I ran out of tears. I felt empty. Numb.

1 year ago today, my boyfriend died in a car crash.

Well, we were only 18. And he proposed to me, 1 month before he died.

He was my fiance. We were both young and dumb, and we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. The love of my life. And I couldn't imagine my future without him.

Yet, here I was. Barely living, clinging onto that thin strand of the last memory of us together.

We took a car ride in the deep sunset, he made me laugh.

And that night, I told him. "Baby, you shouldn't go. You might get drunk."

"I won't I promise. I'm just there for Mattia's birthday to support him." He said.

He lied to me.

And it's like that one terrifying call I got from Alejandro, yelling and telling me that Kairi had got into an accident. That it was really terrible, and that he was going to the hospital.

When I first decided to use my driver's license, I sped to the hospital in less that 10 minutes.

He was in the emergency room, and it was the most painful 10 minutes of my life.

Sitting there, my head in my knees.

And then, the doctor walked out. I was holding so tight onto Alejandro's and Mattia's hand, they both turned purple.

And we recieved the news.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I'm afraid.... he's gone."

The ringing voice in my ears. I wanted to faint. No.

I wanted to die.

I wanted to be with him.

Before the blood curling scream of his mother and father snapped me back to reality.

"MY BABY!" I heard her yell.

I slumped on my knees. What could I do?

It was excruciating. My lip quivered and I started wailing.

"NO. TELL ME IT'S NOT TRUE!"

I yelled over and over again, the word "No."

Mattia and Alejandro were both crying.

"LET ME SEE HIM! PLEASE! I HAVE THE RIGHT!"

I pushed past the doctor and ran into the room.

I didn't care if he was covered in blood. I didn't care if there was glass shards stuck in his delicate skin.

I needed to see if it was true. I was so stupid, that's probably what scarred me. Seeing his body like that.

"Kairi. Please!"

I sobbed. I rubbed his cheek, while tears were streaming down mine.

"Baby. Wake up. Come on, it's- it's me." My voice cracked.

"God please wake up Kai."

No answer.

"PLEASE! NO! YOU'RE LYING. THAT IS NOT MY FIANCE. THAT'S NOT MY KAIRI!"

I screamed at the doctor.

"Ma'am. Please step outside for some air."

"NO, NO GOD NO. I'M NOT LEAVING HIM, NOT AGAIN AND EVER AGAIN!"

That's when Alejandro had to come and grab me, I fought it but I knew I wouldn't win.

"It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay."

He whispered in my ear.

"NO! NO! NO IT WON'T! ALE LISTEN TO ME, HE'S NOT GONE. Tell me he isn't gone!"

"I'm sorry. I know, it hurts." His voice was cracking too.

He held me tightly, and I cried into his shirt.

I couldn't sleep, everything reminded me of him. And the funeral, was even worse.

I was a complete mess. I did my speech, and I felt like I could go on and on. But I didn't. I was only tripping over my words.

And then we were able to see the body one last time.

They cleaned him up so nice. He looked like the first day I met him.

"Hey Kai. It's just me and you now babe. Just how you liked it before. Look, I'll give you one last chance to wake up and get your lazy self out of this stupid casket. God knows you could just be having a really deep sleep for all we know."

I knew Kairi hated being serious, so I did my best to be strong.

"No? Okay fine. You win. But.. just to let you know, I'm going to get engaged again at some point. And spoiler alert, it's not to you."

I clutched onto the ring he proposed to me with.

"I'm never going to take this off. I promise. I- I love you Kairi. Forever and Always."

I left his casket before I turned into a screaming mess.

I ran into Mattia's arms and sobbed quietly in there.

But it's been a year since then. And I've never, ever, took off that ring. And I don't plan to.

I don't care what anybody else thinks, he's still my fiance and I'm still in love with him.

I know he's still here. I can feel him.

But, I know Kairi wouldn't want this for me. So I'm trying something new, for him.

I'm going on a date. Maybe it's too soon, but I know if I don't do it now, I never will.

This was kinda like the introduction, I intend to make a part 2 to this bc it's really sad n I love it sm. So thanks