Chapter 4: Dead End

They kept following the stench all throughout Deadweed Cavern, however, Pronto stood as one of the many obstacles they were facing. First of all, he kept shouting, "Come on, Trixie! We'll die here before we even find him!" and, "Please, we need to turn back! No molenoid, troll or human has ever ventured here and returned alive!" Second, he keeps complaining about how bad the stench is; "This is worse than 20 Flatulorhinkus slugs!" Third, since they forgot to bring flashlights (and since Eli has Burpy) Pronto kept stumbling around in the dark, occasionally stepping on Kord's feet and grasping Trixie's face. "Ahhhrrrr! Pronto!" she yelled. "You're messing up my pigtails!" Kord groaned, "Pronto, watch the feet!"  He retaliated by smashing Pronto's foot but ended up getting pierced by a rock. "Yeow!" He screamed. Pronto took off laughing.

Spinner's spiderwebs were still spreading. Eli was now getting tired, but he still pressed on for the exit. Soon, he started yawning and his eyelids started drooping. Several times Burpy had to nudge him to keep him awake. He kept walking until he heard the sound of shrieking slugs. Curiosity overcame his sense of caution, so he sprinted toward the sound...and was horrified by what he discovered. Dr. Blakk's guards have come to capture any slug they could find, turn them into ghouls and hand them over to Dr. Blakk! But how? What does he use to twist the poor creatures into monsters? Maybe he even had a fortress built nearby. Eli had a plan. He will silently follow them, find out what was their business here in Deadweed Cavern and take them down. He trailed the guards silently.

One of the guards were walking back to the Slugterran Express, little knowing that a trap awaited him. He went in and was met by Eli's powerful fist. Eli put on the guard's suit to disguise himself. He had barely exited the Slugterran Express when he was met by another guard. "Did you fetch the container?" Eli tried his best. "Oh, got it." He went back inside, his mind full of questions. What container?' 'For what purpose?' He entered a room. He saw the container the guards needed. He carried it outside. "This one?" he asked meekly. "Yeah," said the guard from earlier. "Carry it there," He motioned to an empty space of the train, the place where they were loading the empty containers. A suspicious guard pulled Eli by the head, revealing his disguise. He struggled against the guards, but he was quickly overpowered and bound with tough ropes. El Diablos Nacho was summoned. He was loaded (or should I say, tossed) in a prison cell. Since the cords around him were bound tightly, he found it hard to move. He was also bound on the mouth so he wouldn't scream for help. Then, all of a sudden, the train began to lurch. He felt sick to his stomach. With a sinking heart, Eli felt the train move to an unknown destination!

Trixie completely lost track of the scent. Step by step she noticed the smell fading. Soon they arrived at a path full of bones. Pronto ducked behind Kord. They were both shaking in fear. Trixie swallowed hard, but she shook her head. "Relax, guys. Those skeletons are..." A loud, high pitched shriek came from deep within the tunnel. The trio freaked out. But Trixie shoved her fear deep in her throat. It took some coaxing to get the boys to come with her, but the way she made it work was when she said, "Fine. I'll just leave you two for ghost bait." That was all it took for her to convince them to come with her. They reluctantly followed her. Then Kord happened to step on something sticky. "Trixie. This trail was made by an Arachnet slug. It's fresh." Her eyes widened. "Wait! Is...No way!"
It was none other than...