Chapter 5: Spider Web Trail

As it turns out, Kord had stepped on Spinner's trail! "This spider web trail is fresh. Meaning, Eli must have somehow gone down here!" Trixie exclaimed excitedly. "We have to follow the trail so that we can find him and bring him home!" Pronto squealed with joy. "Yeeeeee! We're now about to do the impossible: finding the great Eli Shane in Deadweed Cavern and bringing him back to where he belongs with the help of the Arachnet's spider web trails and...Hey! Where are you going? Trixie, wait for me!" He ran after his disappearing teammates.

They ran off in the direction in the webs. Then they encountered a path where the two trails of webs intersected. "Oh, floppers." Trixie groaned. "They intersect on the same path! We're running in circles." Kord complained. Still, Trixie said, we must follow the webs which hold incredibly high chances of reuniting them with their beloved leader. Soon, after about 15 minutes of following the spider webs, they became tired of running and wanted to take a break. But, as always, SlugTerra has many ways of persuading its inhabitants to push forward to gain what they wanted. The trio heard a train honk and ran after it. They made it just in time to see the train start to leave. They were speechless. The SlugTerran Express!

Eli was shaking with fear. How will I escape? he thought. Nacho had confiscated his backpack, so by doing so, they have also confiscated Spooker, Joules, Banger, Chiller, Spinner, and Burpy. His slugs had a 100% chance of being ghouled. So Eli had to act fact. He had to find a means of escape. Even without his slugs. But he was surprised; Burpy had escaped in the nick of time. He set the cords alight and set Eli free. But how to escape the cage? Simple. Burpy helped the others escape too, so they simply pressed the button and Eli was out! Sadly Eli doesn't know a simple fact; Trixie, Kord, and Pronto were there. They just didn't see him escape because the train was already moving too fast!

Trixie saw the SlugTerran Express make its way out of the tunnel to another tunnel. She ordered, "Quick, we have to act fast; that train has a chance of holding Eli on it!" Pronto, yelling his battle cry, charged down the platform toward the speeding train. "Guess that's a yes," Kord said, and they ran after Pronto. They charged toward the disappearing train. Nacho spotted them. "There," he pointed, and the guards rained ghoul-fire on the warriors. "Eat. My. Stink!" Pronto shouted his punchline, firing Stinky, who blinded the noses and eyes of the guards. Trixie took her chance to fire Bluster and knock them off their feet. It worked, but Nacho remained standing. She was dismayed, but Kord covered her by firing Bludgeon on him. It knocked Nacho down. One more problem. "We have to find our way on that train!" Pronto said. "We can't," she said. "That train is moving too fast; there's no way we're getting on!" And with that, the train disappeared into the tunnel.

Stomach jumping, mind racing, and heart lurching, Eli tried to get out of the moving train and try to jump. Burpy read his mind and knew that Eli will be seriously hurt if he tried. He would be injured if he tries. But then again, was there any other choice? Waiting for the train to stop would allow him to be recaptured. He had no other choice. He was about to do it when suddenly the train jerked to a halt. "What-" He lost balance and hit the ground with a hard thump. "Owww," he groaned. He checked himself. He was scraped on his shoulder. He used his other hand to stem the flow of blood on his wounded shoulder. But he was seen by the guards. He groaned. "Oh, for the love "