Chapter 6: Spooker the Spotter

Eli stood and sprinted all around the tunnel, trying his best to elude the guards. He was finally able to duck inside a room. The guards trailed off and dispersed, still keeping a close eye out for Eli. "That was so close." He sighed. The slugs agreed. They knew what danger they were in, so they decided to keep cover in this place and do a little sightseeing. So he started walking down the dark, empty corridor, with Burpy being the role of "the little candle" on his shoulder. Not far, behind them, a shadow watched Eli sharply.

The trio managed to make their way into the tunnel. Pronto fell behind them, panting. They were tired, but the sound of shrieking slugs penetrated the air. They looked up. There was something that appeared to draw a reddish substance. Kord shuddered. "That substance is familiar." He said, shaking. "Our clan told us to stay away from it. They said it would do something terrible to you..." Ghoul fire cut him off. They ran for it, with Pronto yelling at the top of his lungs. "Bluster, you're up!" She said. "We're getting quite hammered here. We'll need you to blind the lights out of them." Bluster's tornado worked. Several guards were knocked off their feet. When Bluster was done, there was a pile of Dr. Blakk's men on the floor. At least that gave them cover for the next few hours...

The trio ducked behind some empty barrels. "Kord, what did you say would happen if you went too near that?" A chill ran down his spine. "They said...the life was sucked right out of you!" The other two gasped. "They called it 'Dark Water' ever since." Trixie listened in amazement. "That must explain the mystery of the 'ghosts' here in Deadweed Caverns. They're not ghosts, they're actually miners who are suffering from the effects of the dark water!" Pronto was also shocked. "Th-that must explain how Dr. Blakk was able to 'ghoul' slugs and twist them into horrible creatures!" Trixie added, "And it also explains why the Slugterran Express is here. They've come to collect the dark water so Dr. Blakk can ghoul more slugs! We have to bring down this operation before more innocent slugs are ghouled!" Pronto nodded.

"Here's the plan: Pronto will be the distraction..." He cut her off. "Wait. Why me?" "You're good at creating diversions. So you divert their attention and keep them busy while Kord and I figure out how to shut off that pump and bring it down once and for all. So Pronto went out screaming the loudest he can. "Ghosts! Run for your lives!" The workers believed it. But Nacho didn't and fired ghouls at Pronto. Trixie and Kord found their cue and peeled their way through to the pump. They figured out how to shut it down. Kord entered the instruction code while Trixie pulled the levers. She was just about to pull the last lever when guards surrounded them on all sides.

He walked through the empty space, the heels of his boots making echoes everywhere. He got so scared that he thought somebody was following him. He kept turning, but all he saw behind him was darkness. Someone was following him, on fact. The figure was in a hood, the silent cat, following him, seeing where he was going. The silhouette of the stalker was well hidden in the darkness so that not even Burpy can see him. But Spooker, Spinner and Chiller spotted the figure. Spinner used webs to tie her feet. It nearly lost balance. Chiller then froze the webs. It fell. Eli turned. He approached the figure. "Ok, you caught me," it said. Your slugs saw. Burpy melted the ice, so Eli was able to help her to her feet. It took off its hood. Eli was shocked at what he saw.
The figure was a lady!