Chapter 7: Family Reunion

The figure was someone Eli didn't know. "I'm Ysabel Mitchell. You can call me Ysa." She introduced herself. "I'm Eli." They shook hands. They went on walking down the dark room while talking about each other's lives. Eli didn't mention the Surface. But to his surprise, she mentioned her whole life.

Trixie and Kord surrendered to Nacho and the guards. They absolutely forgot Pronto was still distracting some of the guards. They only realised it when he started screaming loudly. There was a fire, and his precious moustache was on fire. There was no water. So Kord used his Frostcrawler to put out the fire. He stopped, panting hard. "That was close..." He collapsed.

"When I was in my early teens, I met Will Shane." She said. Eli had no words. She knew his father. "It turns out we both were born down here in SlugTerra. We worked together, side-by-side. We had quite a long history together. We eventually moved to the Surface. After 10 years of living life on the Surface, he disappeared." Eli knew now who she was and where she was heading. "And then you left for SlugTerra simply because your son looked like him?" She nodded. It was clear: Ysabel was his mother. They embraced. He cried, remembering what his mom did: leaving him in the hands of his great-uncle, Jimmo Shane after his dad went missing.

He had no idea if she was alive or dead. Now he was sure that she was alive. "Mom, please tell me you're going home with me." He asked, with tears in his eyes. "Please don't leave me again." She nodded. "I didn't want to leave you. And when I did, every night when I fall asleep, all my thoughts drifted back to the son I left. I didn't know you would be the Shane your brave father was." Then she saw Burpy. "This Infurnus is familiar." She said. "This is Burpy, right?" She asked. Burpy nodded. "He used to belong to Dad, remember?" She agreed.
Then an explosion rocked the place.

"Pronto, next time, don't ever use Rammstones again!" Trixie yelled. "But I was the one who saved us from the rubble!" Kord groaned. "But you almost killed us with it!" Pronto shook his head. "Details, details, Cave Troll!" (A/N I got that line from the episode Snowdance so please don't judge me) Then a Greneater came flying toward them. They ran in time. "If it wasn't for Pronto..." she groaned. "What the...Hey!" Pronto yelled loudly. "Pronto is insulted with your remarks!" They hid behind the boulder for some time. "Kord, any ideas? We're getting hammered!" Before Kord could say a word, a Frostcrawler soared all across the cave.

"I've been observing these guards for the past few months," Ysabel said. "So I know how they turned it on and turn it off." He came up with a plan. "Here's the plan, Mom: You turn off that pump while I cover you." She grinned. "Well, you really are the Shane your father was." They split ways with Eli's signal. She went to work while Eli tried out Spooker. "Ok, Spooker, let's see what a Frightgeist like you can do!" With that, he shot Spooker. He scared off the guards and sent them running. Ysabel was successful in switching off the pump. And she was in time too. The pump was nearly filled to the brim when she shut it down. Nacho, on the other hand, was still standing with a handful of guards who were not affected by Spooker's work of art. They realised how much barrels of dark water they had filled. It was enough to ghoul about 5 or so gattler guns. "Mom, we have to make sure they don't get all that dark water to Dr. Blakk!" Eli said. Ysa agreed. "Let's end this cruelty once and for all."
Trixie was never happier.