Chapter 9: Captured

When the Gang woke up, it was 10:35 on the clock since everyone slept in. Trixie came downstairs and was aghast at the sight. Robbers had broken in, spiderwebs, jelly, ice, holes, cracks, and worst of all, burn marks were all over the place. If that wasn't bad enough, the house reeked of Flatulorhinkus fart. There was so much cleaning to do. The robbers made off with Pronto's sandwich, Kord's Mecha-Beast, Trixie's blaster, and worst of all, Ysabel's son Eli.

But Trixie had no idea Eli was gone. She only realised this when she saw an Eli-less couch. The bandages were strewn on the floor. Kord noticed the slugs were also gone. Joules, Globber, Spooker, Chiller, Bludgeon, Stinky, Banger, Spinner,Burpy , and Bluster were all gone. All that was left was Noodle and Doc. Nothing else. Ysabel's motherly instincts kicked in and she set off using Eli's Mecha-Beast. Pronto picked up a torn piece of paper.
It had Dr. Blakk's symbol on it!

Locke and Lode had a head-start, but in minutes, she gained speed. Burpy was frantic. They were locked in a cage with an electric lock. But electricity was no problem for Joules, who unlocked the cage with a single bolt. They managed to escape, and started to plan.

Spinner was to alert Ysa that they were free. Joules will try to get the bandits to stop by shocking them while Chiller would attempt to ice the wheels to either stop or slow them down. Stinky will blind them by farting in their faces while Burpy ignited it (of course we all know Flatulorhinkus farts and fire don't mix). The others will free Eli from the tight restraints without really hurting him. Then, once they stop, they could save Eli and go home.

Only problem: how was Chiller going to stop the Mecha-Beasts without injuring Eli further? If that carriage suddenly braked, he could be thrown off. Chiller decided to block them by icing their eyes while Spinner fastened his webs on Lucky. It went according to plan, but it suddenly went south. They were headed for a cliff! They couldn't afford losing anyone, so they had to think fast. Chiller had an idea. He jumped on the webs, tightroped across to Lucky and hopped in Ysabel's blaster. She shot him out. He reached velocity and created a reinforced ice wall that prevented it from falling off. By now, one wheel was broken and the bandits were spinning out of control.

Ysabel knew she had to act fast, otherwise she could lose her son. She used Crawler, her Arachnet, to fasten Lucky to the carriage, reinforcing Spinner's webs. She saw the wheel break and used Bombshell, her Hop Rock, to even the balance. The bottom right wheel was knocked off, slowing Locke and Lode even more.

Trixie had roped in the others to help her clean the house. Kord had no problems scrubbing the burn marks made on the walls, but Pronto was constantly delayed. Jelly in his face, he said. Trixie told him, "Pronto, snap it and start cleaning up the spider webs!" Later, he was grumbling again, this time about the webs sticking to his "elegant" clothes. Trixie groaned. "Pronto, I'm warning you, if you don't stop complaining, I'll make you sleep outside!" Kord warned. It scared the floppers out of him. He got so scared that for the next 6 hours, he didn't say even a single word He did all the work without complaining. Then Trixie told the boys, "Keep cleaning, you two. I'll go to the pharmacy to get the painkillers. Call me if Ysa gets back before I do."

Trixie didn't hear anything from the boys, so she thought Ysabel wasn't home. But to her surprise, Ysabel, Eli and the slugs were home. "Why didn't you call me?" She said. Kord answered, "We lost the phone, thanks to Pronto."