Chapter 3

"Ascilia get out of bed!" Was the first thing Ascilia heard when she woke up from her deep slumber. "Just a bit longer," she mumbled quietly. She then heard footsteps fading away, but as soon as she fell asleep she felt ice cold water on her face. Almost screaming because of the sudden cold she sat straight up. "I'M UP! I'M UP!" She screamed, soaking wet. Kathryn could only laugh, "I already made you a bath. You overslept you drama queen. I assume last night was amazing? Tell me all about it when you finished getting ready!" Kathryn called out on her way down to the shop, making it customer ready of course. "Damn you Kathryn," Ascilia mumbled. Her feet leaving prints of water while she made her way to the bathing room. It was warm inside and a steaming bath was ready for her. Ascilia got undressed and into the wooden tub.

The two girls were talking downstairs about what the day will bring, until Kathryn brought the prince to the subject. "So what about the prince? How went everything?" She chuckled. "Oh Kath, it was amazing! We talked and laughed the whole evening. It was magical." Ascilia almost danced around the shop in her newly made dress she made in spare time, it had beautiful blues and whites, it matched her new made cape. "And i am invited to the palace," she smiled dreamy. "I knew it!" Kathryn laughed, opening the shop for customers. "You will marry him, i know it." Ascilia just laughed and started working on the queens dress.

"She's just different father! I know it, i can feel it in my bones." Elye called out when they left the dining room. "Yes, she is a commoner. Thats why she's different." He replied. "You do not understand, i can't explain how she is different. you will feel it when she'll bring the gift. You have to trust me. That's all i ask from you." Philipe sighed, knowing his son won't stop. "Alright, son. Off you go now, i have some duties to do." He said to his son. "Thank your father, you will not regret it. Mark my words!" Elye walked away, shouting. He was obviously happy from the answer he got from his father. "Let me see you, girl. Let's see if Elye is right about you." Philipe mumbled to himself, while walking the opposite direction. 

"It was absolutely amazing Charlys. Almost magical, i feel like i'm in the clouds brother." Elye ranted to his brother, Charlys while they were training. "You're in love brother. With yet another peasant girl." Charlys laughed. Other than Charlys laughs, the sound of swords clinging together was echoing through the training room. "Shut it! I am not! Ascilia is just different. Good different. She's something else, i can't just explain it." Elye argued when he fell onto the ground. "Ha! I beat you again Elye. Where did that temper go? Your coffin?" Yet another laugh escaped Charlys' lips while helping Elye on his feet. "No it did not!" Elye called out loud, making the first move while attacking his brother

Ascilia was working hard on the queens dress, wanting to finish it as soon as possible so she could send words to Elye. Kathryn on the other hand would go and talk to customers, give women their dresses- or men, if it was a present. It was lunchtime, a relatively quiet time in Madam Ascilia's dress shop. "You should take a break Ascil, all this non stop work." Kathryn sighed, walking up to her friend. "No i want this to be the best dress i've ever made Kath. You of all people should know that." Ascilia replied, biting her lip in concentration while sewing one of the shoulders on. "Atleast come with me to the bakery, and lunch outside. It's a beautiful day!" Kathryn suggest, which to her surprise Ascilia agreed with. The girl got out of her chair for the first time that day and helped tidy and close up the shop for the next thirty minutes. She got her brand new cape and left the dress shop with her best friend. 

After lunch the couple headed back to the dress shop, and slowly opened the shop slowly up. Kathryn made some finishing touches to one dress, the woman would be picking it up later that day while Ascilia continued with the queens dress. she tried a model that she never tried before: an amazing big ball gown. Sure she made some ball gowns before, but not as big. Ascilia knew the dress would be finished by tomorrow if the continued the whole night. Her thoughts got disturbed by an harsh voice, "your money, now!" she looked up and shot out of her chair, Kathryn was the one closest to where all the money was located. She looked at Ascilia, who nodded. "Do as he says," she said. The thief made his way to Ascillia and looked at the dark red gown and then back at her. 

"Pretty gown, for a pretty girl. Or isn't it for you huh?" He grimaced, "It's not for me sir," Ascilia replied softly, looking away out of fear. "Or is it, the person must've a lot of money for something like that. Whose is it gonna be huh?" The man asked, "It's anonymous, i don't know whose it is going to be," Ascilia said, as calm as possible. Kathryn finally finished putting their money in his bag. Which the thief noticed, he took the money which was transferred to the bag he had, snatched it from the table and ran away, far away.