i swear i can explain my music taste

(fair warning: gear up because this is going to be abstract, information-filled, and... interesting).

I enjoy two drastically different types of music.

First off, there's pretty much every single theme from the Fantastic Beasts series, and I LOVE THEM ALL :D

Even though I want to talk about the second type a little more, my favourite FB themes are Newt says Goodbye to Tina (I kinda taught myself the piano version even though I don't play piano, and I also learnt it on vibraphone :3), Salamander Eyes (duh), Inside the Case (longest theme ever in Fantastic Beasts... almost nine minutes, I think), The Kelpie (shortest theme from both the movies... one and a half minutes), Newt Tracks Tina, Traveling to Hogwarts, Leta's Flashback (;-;), Leta's Confession, the Fbawtft main titles, and the end credits of both movies.

I like a few miscellaneous western songs, like Walking the Wire and Limbo, but not as much.

What I really want to talk about in this chapter is the... other side of my taste in music.

... The Bollywood side.

Not sure if I ever specified (I probably have), but I live in Australia. But technically, I'm Indian. Also technically, I'm British. Even more technically, I'm African. I am a miXeD bReEd.

See, my entire family is Indian, descended from India, flatbread-and-tea-for-breakfast Indian. But my great-grandparents lived in England for a while, so one of my parents was born there. The other side of my family moved to Africa generations ago, and thus, my other parent is African. Then they got married, moved to Australia and I was born there. So... technically, I'm Indian, Australian, British and African.

Look, I could go on forever about religion and the incredible amount of gods we have and interesting traditions and things, but... I really want to talk about music XD

Most Indian songs aren't stand alone. They're mostly from movies and therefore tie in with the movie plot (like the Ilvermorny school song!!! I'm still salty that they cut that out...). So I think I'll give a bit of context for each one. 

First off- Bollywood actors are easy to tell apart for me. I can clearly identify (okay... about 4... but it's better than I used to be...). Favourite actor? Either Shah Rukh Khan or Tiger Shroff.

But the actresses?!?!?! They all look the same to me!! I don't know why lmao

I can only tell apart one actress, who is Alia Bhatt. She's so pretty!!

 She's so pretty!!

Aaaliaaaaaaaaa

*ahem* moving on-

I did modern Bollywood dance for five years (I was with Shiamak Davar, if anyone knows them), and we were constantly mashing up songs and remixing and doing stunts and things, so I was pretty informed about 2014-2019 Indian songs. I'll probably mention Shiamak classes a lot this chapter. You can look them up if you want, it's a worldwide thing.