girl meets lunch

Mia's pov:
Me and Lucas were walking around trying to find a place to sit at lunch and Lucas want to go sit next to Riley and Maya. I think that that is their names. We were walking towards them and then we heard them say hey.

Lucas:Hey back. (Sits down)

Mia: hey guys. ( Sits down next to Lucas)

Riley:(Pauses) Hi. You're sitting here.

Lucas:Is that okay?

Riley:(Thumbs up) Can you excuse me for just one sec? (Turns to Maya and they scream for a split second)

That is so werid and why are they so worked up.

Cory:(Enters and says to Lucas) How ya doing?

Oh thanks pappy joe, that Mr. Matthews showed up

Riley:Dad, you have a choice here. You can either understand that this is just a boy talking to me in the cafeteria...

Cory:I'm gonna do whatever you say next.

Riley:But this is so innocent!

Cory:Honey, fathers don't see anything as innocent. We see it as...what's the opposite of innocent?
Maya and Mia:(Raises her hand) Right here!

Lucas: (glares at Mia)

Mia: (stares at lucas 'what I do now')

Riley:(To Cory) Please don't embarrass me.

Cory:I'm just gonna talk to Mr. Friar about geography. (To Lucas) You know, I've been to a lot of places. Never been to Texas, though. What part of Texas is the closest to Mexico?

Lucas and Mia: That'd be El Paso, sir.

Cory:Great! Let's go right now! (Drags Lucas's and mia's chair away from the table)

Mia: why are you dragging me away?

Cory: because you are his friend

Mia: oh, come on (says to Lucas) sometimes I wonder why we are friends and it's hard to be your best friend.

Lucas: (says to Mia) what, its not that hard to be my best friend.

Mia: yes it is.

Lucas starts laughing and then Mia joins into the laughter.

Back into mr. Matthews classroom

Riley:Hi. I'm glad you're back.

Lucas:Hi. Me too.

Cory:(Approaches Riley and Lucas) Hi. Apparently you have a better sense of direction (gestures to Riley) than I anticipated. (Riley turns back and puts her hands on her head, and Cory does the "I'm watching you" signal) You are a really good-looking guy. (Pauses and says to his class) Okay. So, today we're gonna find out if anybody here believes in something so strongly, they'd fight for it. (To Maya) Maya.

Maya:Yes, sir.

Cory:Present your homework.

Maya:Can't do that, sir.

Cory:Why not?

Maya:Didn't do my homework, sir.

Cory:Why not?

Maya:That's what I'm fighting against, sir.

Farkle:Oh, this could go on for a while. (Puts on a sleep mask) Farkle Farkle Farkle Farkle. Farkle Farkle Farkle Farkle.