Mia meets the truth pt. 2

"Mia, come here now. I need to talk to you." Thomas said. "Dad, what was mom talking about?" Mia asked. "There is no other way to say it. Mia, Anna isn't your birth mom. I'm sorry." Thomas told her. Mia walked over to the couch and sat down. "Who is my mom?" Mia asked her dad with tears in her eyes. " I'm sorry, but I'm not telling you her name." Thomas answered. "Why not?" Mia asked, turning towards her dad with tears streaming down her face. "I don't want you to know. It’s for your safety." Thomas replied, tears in his eyes. "How is it for my safety?" Mia asked. "Because I don't want to lose you like I did with your mother." Thomas said. "Wait. My mom is dead?" Mia asked, not wanting to believe him. "Yes she is." Thomas said with tears streaming down his face. "Can you at least tell me how you met her?" Mia asked.

"Yes I will." Thomas hesitated. 

*flashback*

A young Thomas is  getting ready for his next big race. He is a race car driver and currently waiting for the race to start. As the other racers were getting into their cars, Thomas turned around and saw a beautiful, blonde-haired and green-eyed, tall woman who had on a racers outfit. Thomas stared at the beautiful woman who was obviously in the race too. The race was about to start so he tore his eyes off of her. Then he got in his race car, turning the engine on.  

3..

2..

1..

Go.

Hitting the gas pedal Thomas finished the race in third place. The woman he saw earlier had first place. She is a good racer. The woman started walking towards his car. Thomas got out of the car and took his helmet off. "Hey, I'm Amelia." The woman said. "Hey, I'm Thomas, nice car you got there. You did amazing in today's race." Thomas complimented. "Thanks, and nice car you got there too" Amelia added.. "Thanks, I noticed you earlier and I know it's straightforward but I want to ask if you would go on a date with me?" Thomas asked, smirking. “Pick me up at seven at the Tipton. Suite 8732.” She smiled at him walking away

__________________________

"That's how I met your mother" Thomas told Mia. Mia turned towards her dad and wiped her tears away. "Hey dad, can I go to the Mathews?" Mia asked her dad. "Are you sure?” He asked. Mia nodded yes. Thomas sighed. “Yes you can, I have to go to work." Thomas told Mia standing up. "Bye dad, I love you." Mia said walking towards her room. "I love you too sweetie." Thomas said walking out the door. Mia walked into her room and as soon as she went in everything that just happened set in and she started crying. She grabbed a bag and put extra clothes in it and her purse, putting her phone, charger, money and house keys. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote. 

Dad, I'm going to spend the night at Maya's. I will be back in the morning. I'm not upset, I just need a break. She understands when a parent leaves. I love you, Mia.

 She put it on the fridge and walked out the door and locked it. Leaving she walked to the Mathews apartment and it took her 10-15 minutes. Heading up the stairs and opening the Mathews door. She fell onto the floor with tears in her eyes. Everybody who was at the table turned towards the door and saw Mia on the floor with tears streaming down her face. Topanga got up from the table and walked over to Mia and sat down on the floor. 

"What's wrong Mia?" Topanga asked Mia, pulling her into a hug. "She left us." Mia said into Topanga's shoulder. "Who left you?" Topanga asked, rubbing circles on Mia's back. "My mother left us. She stormed out not saying bye. Before she left she said 'Mia should know I'm not her birth mom and we can't keep lying to her and that they should have told me years ago'." Mia said, pulling away from Topanga's hug. "Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry," Topanga said. Maya hearing what Mia said, walked over to Topanga and the crying girl and set her hand on Topanga's shoulder. Topanga looked up to see Maya was the one who put their hand on her shoulder. Topanga got up and walked back over to their table and sat back down with sadness in her eyes. Feeling bad for the girl she has come to love. Maya pulled the crying girl up and they walked into Riley's room, seeing her not in there. They sat down in the bay window. Mia put her head on Maya's shoulder. "Hey Mia, what do you mean by Anna not being your birth mom?" Maya asked Mia. 

"My dad told me when I got home yesterday. I walked into the house with them fighting again but this one was worse. They were screaming that they wish they never married or loved the other one and then I tried drowning out the noise but I overheard my mom- Anna yelling that she wasn't my birth mom and that they shouldn't keep lying to me and should have told me years ago. Anna threw a vase at a wall right next to where my dad was standing. Then she grabbed her suitcases and left and slammed the front door." Mia said, wiping her tears. "Did your dad tell you who your birth mom is? '' Maya asked, turning towards Mia. "He wouldn't tell me what her name was but he told me how they met.'' Mia said looking away from Maya. "Did he tell you about her job or anything else." Maya asked. "He told me that they were race car drivers and they met at one of their races and that he quit after my birth mom's accident." Mia answered Maya. "Do you know where she is or if she's okay?" Maya asked. "My dad said that she is dead and that she died when I was a few months old.” Mia answered tears threatening to fall again.

 "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.'' Maya said looking sad knowing that her best friend is slowly becoming broken like she is. "Hey, can I stay the night tonight? I don't want to go to my house tonight." Mia asked Maya. "Yes you can. My mom said you can stay any time you want, she likes you." Maya told Mia. "Will you help me find out- Riley walked in her room. "Hey Riles," both girls said. "What were you guys talking about." Riley asked the girls with a curious look on her face. Maya and Mia looked at each other and Maya nodded. "We are talking about my birth mom." Mia told Riley. "But I thought Anna-" Riley started to ask. "Anna isn't her birth mom Riles" Maya politely cut her off. "Then who is your birth mom, Mimi?" Riley asked. "My birth mom was a race car driver. Who was in an accident at one of her races. She died." Mia told Riley with a sad face. "Oh Mimi, I'm so sorry" Riley told Mia walking over to the bay window. Sitting down hugging Mia. "Hey guys can you help me find out who my birth mom was? My dad didn't tell me her name. He is stubborn like me so he won’t tell me." Mia asked the two girls. "Yes, we will if it will make you happy." The two girls agreed.

 Auggie then walked in to find the girls in the bay window. "Aunt Mimi, why are you sad?" Auggie asked, frowning. "My mommy left, Auggie. But don’t worry I’m ok. So turn that frown upside down." Mia told Auggie tickling him a little. Which he started to have a giggle fit. "Oh, I'm sorry, if you want we can share my mommy!" Auggie cheered. "Thanks Auggie, but you and Riley don’t have to share.” Mia laughed a little. Auggie gave Mia a hug and left the room. Leaving the three girls in a group hug.