Twigs

Cody luckily had enough money to pay for a plane ticket- his parents were wealthy after all. He didn't even need or have a job, his parents would simply give him cash. They didn't bother asking what he was using it on, they tended to not pay much attention to him. They replaced love and affection with money and gifts.
as much as he loved the cash, he craved the motherly affection he sees all his other friends get and the father-son time he missed out on.
So when he told his father that he was going to grab some cash, the man just hummed in response, half-listening to his son. Hell, he probably didn't know that Cody was taking out more money than needed from the older man's underwear drawer.
Going back into his room with cash now in his wallet, he grabbed his suitcase and began his walk toward the front door. As he was about to leave, his mother who was grabbing some whine out of the pantry raised an eyebrow at him, "where are you going, Cody?"

Cody stopped on his tracks and smiled awkwardly, "just...gonna spend a few nights with a friend."
The mother poured herself a good amount of the alcohol into a glass cup and gave her son a small hum, "alright, honey."

Cody was once again about to leave until he heard his dad come into the room, "of course, you're gonna allow our son to just wander off like that. What a mother you are"

Cody sighed. This again-

His mother scoffed, "what? Let him be! He needs his freedom-!"

They began bickering aggressively and Cody didn't hesitate to leave the house as soon as possible. As if his dad cared about where he was going, he probably just wanted a bone to pick. Making sure he had everything he needed with him, he began his way to the airport.

~~~

Noah comfortably read his book that he held with one hand as he laid down on his bed, using his other hand to pet his golden Labrador dog that casually slept on the side of the bed. The dog, who he named honey bee (honey or bee for short) (yes, how creative -note the sarcasm-), was the only company that he had and wanted when he wasn't out working or being pestered by his annoying family.

So when his phone began ringing and he was forced to get out of his comfort zone, his good mood fluctuated. Great.
Not bothering to check who called, he picked up his phone from his nightstand and used his most monotone and annoyed voice as possible.
"Hello?"

"Noah! I've already left the plane- uh, I may sound dumb but what's your address-? I totally forgot to ask haha"

Ah, it was Cody.
"I was waiting for you to ask. Ah yes, visiting someone when you don't know their address. Very smart of you, Cody"
Noah sarcastically half-joked, which led to an embarrassed and defensive Cody.
"Hey-! This was kinda an impulse situation, okay? So anyways, what's your address, man? I kinda look awkward just standing here, so I'd like to get going"

With a small "tsk", Noah gave him his address and they said their "see ya later"'s.
From where the airport was to where Noah's apartment was located, he figured he could take a nap and wake up once Cody made it here.
So, he cuddled up with his dog who was already falling back asleep, and rested his eyes as he dozed off into slumber.
...

A loud knocking woke up Noah. He gasped as he realized that Cody was probably at the door and he was currently covered in dog hair. He slept in too long.
His dog was no longer at his side, he noted, probably woken up a while ago and left to do who knows what dogs do.
He sat up and attempted to dust off the hairs, but of course some clang stubbornly onto his sweater vest. With a small irritated huff, he left his bedroom to  walk towards the front door of his apartment with his usual unimpressed expression and opened the door.

Cody stood there, his fist up as if he was going to knock again. He giggles nervously and lowered his hand, "you took a while."

"Yeah, I was napping and was woken up by knocking that was loud enough to wake up my neighbors"

Cody laughed at this- not nervously, but a genuine laugh. This was a small surprise to Noah, why was Cody laughing? Wasn't what he said to the geek kinda rude?
With a nostalgic sigh, Cody smiled, "still as sarcastic as always, classic Noah!"

Noah was the one laughing nervously now. He felt a sudden wave of anxiety. Ugh, great. "Uh yeah, haha, come in or whatever."

Cody stepped in gladly, smile still plastered on his pale face.

"Want anything to eat? It's about time I usually have dinner..."

Cody perked up at this, "really? Oh, well, I am hungry- what are we having?"

Noah didn't really know why he asked. He excused it as just trying to be nice to his guest, but in all honesty he felt a little fond of Cody. And he had his concerns for Cody's situation with his parents, so might as well give him a break and treat him nicely.
And to answer Cody's question, he genuinely had no idea what he was going to eat. He hummed, "well honestly I was probably gonna have a nap for dinner."

Cody laughed again. Noah couldn't stop the small smile that formed- he kinda liked hearing Cody laugh...

"No wonder you're such a twig, Noah! I remember Chef used to serve you more of his shlop than anyone else for that reason."

Wow. Noah rolled his eyes and put his hands on his hips, "speak for yourself, you're just as much as a twig as I am."

Cody just shrugged, "you gotta eat, man. Heck, I'll even cook up something- although I'm not very good at that."

"You down for some Chinese take out?"

Cody gasped and nodded eagerly, "yes! I'm so hungry right now! I haven't eaten all day!"

With a small scoff, Noah got out his phone to dial for the Chinese food, "no wonder you're such a twig."

[A/N: I only update this when it's like 3 am LMAOOO]