His tooth gap is so cute

Noah has gotten used to Cody walking around the house without Noah having a clue where he was or what he was doing.
Cody has stayed for five days now, and he wasn't entirely sure if he wanted to leave soon.

Noah didn't want him to leave soon either.
As much as he would deny it to anyone, he grew somewhat fond of waking up with Cody by his side and their weird conversations.
Cody didn't want to leave for multiple reasons- first of all, he didn't want to face his parents. Who knows how much arguing will occur in their household when they found out he went too far from home in an airplane- all he told them was that he was going to a friend's place. Second of all, he didn't feel lonely with Noah. They both loved video games and had fun playing the various games Noah had stashed in his room.
Third of all, Noah made him feel...welcomed? Appreciated...?
The place was peaceful, he felt safe there. He was getting a normal sleeping schedule. At home he couldn't even shut his eyes comfortably from all the shouting his parents did. Noah would ask him if he wanted to go out anywhere, he would ask him how he felt.
He was finally getting the affection he never got from anyone else- other than Sierra, but that's a whole different story. He wasn't fond of her craziness.

"Hey, Noah, you think we can go out somewhere today?"
Cody walked into Noah's room, the other boy currently watching a show on Netflix while he laid on his stomach on the bed.
Noah paused the show and looked up at Cody from where he laid, "sure, what do you have in mind?"

Cody grinned, his tooth gap showing fully, "let's go to a pool! Or a beach! I wanna go swimming. I haven't gone out to swim since that pool at the loser place from when we were on total drama."
Noah groaned, somewhat playfully, "but that's so much...movement. Not my forte."

Cody pouted humorously, walking closer to the other boy and kneeling next to the bed so he can rest his arms on the side of the bed, crossing them and resting his chin on them, "cmon, Noah! It'll be fun! You're coming with me, of course it'll be fun!"
Noah sighed, making sure it's sounded way too exaggerated.
"Fine, but I am not getting in the water"

Cody stood up and raised his hands up high, "that's cool, as long as I get to go for a swim!"

——
The sun was blazing down on the two who were now entering the public pool that was filled with tons of people. Noah took notice of how many sunburnt people were in the place and glanced at Cody, "I don't think you're gonna survive in this weather."

Cody laughed and waved his hand, "I can handle it. I need a tan, it'll help attract the ladies," he smirked smugly, earning an eye roll from the other.
"As if you'll get a tan. You're gonna be as red as your swimming trunks", Noah remarked while he walked towards a chair that was under a shady spot. Cody shrugged and ran to the pool, jumping into the cool water. It felt nice on his skin that was already getting a pink tint.
Noah laid back on the pool chair, keeping on some sunglasses he brought even though he wasn't in the sun. He had a book in hand, of course, but after a while he eyes wandered off.

He darted his eyes to the pool water, looking clear and blue. Then he saw a head pop out from the cold water, it was Cody who shook his head to get his hair out of his face.
Noah snickered to himself.
Cody did look kinda cute.
Then he saw that Cody looked towards him. He wanted to look away, feeling shy out of a sudden- but he remembered he had his sunglasses on, so Cody couldn't see the eye contact they were making. He pretended to read, secretly keeping his gaze on the pale boy.

Then he saw Cody smile fondly.
Fuck.
Noah had to bite the inside of his cheek to keep himself from smiling. Gosh, Cody was precious.
Cody submerged back into the water and continued to swim laps, obviously having fun.
Noah puckered his lips in thought- maybe he should try getting in..? Swimming wasn't his thing, but he might as well try to have fun, right..?
He bit his lip and decided that he'll give it a try. Standing up, he placed is sunglasses and book on a table near the chair he sat on and took off his sandals, now making his way towards where Cody was currently swimming by.
When Cody made it to where Noah was, Noah dipped in and poked Cody's back.
Cody stopped his swimming and poked his head up, now staring into Noah's eyes.

Cody liked Noah's eyes.
They look relaxed, somewhat mysterious. He found them calming to look at.
Before he could think of it more, he ignored his thoughts and laughed, "haha, hey there, Noah, I thought you weren't getting in? Isn't your forte, huh?"
Noah "tskd" jokingly and splashed water on Cody's face, "did you want me to get in or not?"
Cody giggled and dipped down, leaving Noah confused. The darker boy then let out a loud yelp when he felt two fingers poke his sides, sending a jolt up his spine.
Cody came out behind him now, giggling at Noah's reaction.

"What the hell was that for??"

Cody shrugged, "I don't know, someone did it to me back on total drama and I wanted to do it."

Noah glared at Cody, but broke it with a smile, "Whatever, gap."

Cody grinned at the nickname, furrowing his eyebrows in fake offense, "what? Is that what you're gonna call me now? Bullying me for my tooth gap, I see."

Noah rolled his eyes, making sure to roll them slowly, "you're dense, Cody. I'm not making fun of you, I personally like your tooth gap."
The pale boy's eyebrows shot up.
Oh?
Cody felt his cheeks heat up- and it wasn't from the sunburn he was getting.
"Wait- really?"
Noah splashed water on Cody's face again, "don't push it, gap."