Not My Day: Chapter 2

"Well, well, if it isn't the great, Ivykit, awaken from her rest?" said Berrybird.

I looked up, still tired, but somehow confused. "Yes, I am awake now. Why are you suddenly making me feel like such a princess?" I said, purring as Snowfall licked my fur.

"Well, dad wants us to respect you, so we must. You're new to the family, of course, so we gotta treat you a little more differently, since what I'm expecting, is how your owner treated you? Trust me, once you're used to being in a clan, you'll get the hang of it, but for now, we're just gonna consider you the "newbie" of the family," Berrybird said, rubbing his back on a tree.

I was still confused, despite the fact I was still half asleep. I didn't wanna hear anyone's voices or any real loud sound. "Oh, wow. Well guess what, I'm at home. Home is here. All my life, being a kittypet, I always wanted to escape their world. I'm done living that lifestyle. I am Ivykit, a new cat to this chapter. Waterfall clan is lucky to have me, I mean, seriously, I'm cute and I have a great attitude. I'm going to be a great leader, and one day, I'll actually open up my own clan," I said, standing tall, trying to be taller than Berrybird.

Berrybird laughed. "Wow, it's cute how a small cat has big dreams and great plans for the future. Now, about your relationship status, Badgerkit will take the job as filling up your true hopes?" Berrybird said, laughing.

Snowfall looked at Berrybird. "Don't talk about mates in the den, or at all, especially with a young kit!"

Berrybird rolled his eyes and picked me up. "Now that I've mentioned it, I hate being carried! Put me down! I have four legs for a reason, dude!" I said, as I scratched his neck.

"Hey! I'm sorry, midget cat. Hey, now that I've mentioned it, your name should've been Midgetkit. That suits you," Berrybird said, while Hazelthump walked outside the den.

I nibbled his ear, softly and walked away. Badgerkit got in front of me, "Hello, m'lady. What brings you all alone, I thought your friends were with you," Badgerkit said, with a leaf in his mouth.

"Oh, hello, I was with my brother, Berrybird. We were just playing and talking. Now, where's your friends?" I said, feeling embarrassed.

"Oh, my older sister, Milkfrost, is hunting. So I am stuck here, alone. Can I get you anything?" He asked.

His beauty couldn't stop my eyes from staring. I make absolutely no sense, but he's gorgeous!

"Ivykit? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I am. Just looking at your Bengal eyes makes me flattered," I said, licking my paw.

"Flattered? Isn't that a sign of rejection?" Badgerkit asked, worried.

I smiled. "No, it means you're incredibly romantic with your words," I said.

"Oh, good, my crush, Emberfall, said I'm flattering. I felt rejected," He said, looking down.

I looked at him, than I walked away. "Wait, Ivykit!" He yelled.

I saw Sharpkit, so I had no choice but to run to him. "Hey, new Ivykit. Greetings," Sharpkit said, playing with his tail.

"Yeah, I'm Ivykit, we get it. My soulmate has a crush, can you believe it!?" I yelled.

Everyone looked at me, confused. I stormed into my den. Badgerkit walked inside, with a deer leg in his mouth. "Thought you needed to eat something, I'm sorry I worked you up like that. You didn't really deserve that. Now everyone is staring at your den until you come out. But don't worry, Duskflight's arrival won't be far from now. He likes to pay a daily visit to the weakest clan, which is us. You're a strong cat," Badgerkit said, licking my back.

I stood up, upset, of course, but confused still. "I need to meet Emberfall. You guys obviously have a connection," I said.

"Yeah, we do, but of course, she's in love with Fallenface. His name suits him well," Badgerkit said, as we laughed.

I pinned him down. "When will we have our names?" I asked.

"Hopefully, for me, soon. For you, it might take a little while. But since you joined this clan, and actually older than a kit, you might be an apprentice sooner than all the other kits that were born here. I wasn't a kittypet, so I don't know your old lifestyle, but I was a stray. Humans fed me food, all the time," Badgerkit said, scratching his ear.

I walked outside the den. "Hey, soulmate lover! Come over here!" A group of male cats yelled from distance.

"Ugh, I wasn't talking to either of you! Leave me be!" I yelled back, louder.

Badgerkit came outside, "Hey, guys, look, it's tough little Badgerkit, thinking he's an early apprentice. Don't worry, I'll be a warrior sooner than you!" The same group yelled.

"Good luck with that, you'll probably die sooner than him," I yelled, licking my tail.

Patchtail was hiding behind that group, and once I saw him, Snowfall ran towards him, "I will not let your friends manipulate and be rude to my newest daughter, so make sure they learn to respect the new member of this clan. I will not allow it," She said, strictly.

Today doesn't feel right, so much arguing is going on. Of course, Duskflight arrived when our clan had the most commotion. "Well, that's funny. Lilysky doesn't know how to shut up her own apprentices and warriors. Why am I not surprised?" Duskflight said, laughing.

Lilysky looked over to her right, and there he was, Duskflight. For some reason, I felt like Duskflight and Lilysky have a certain past. I mean, of course, clan leaders aren't really supposed to like each other, but something is stopping Duskflight from attacking our clan. There's like a wall around him that tells him not to attack. It's a smart idea, there are many cats in this clan but, I'm curious. I haven't been here forever, so I wanna know the full story. "Do Lilysky and Duskflight kinda know each other outside of clan life?" I asked Badgerkit.

"Oh please, how do you not know this? Duskflight is her father. He abused her, horribly, so she made her own clan to prove to him that she's better without a father. He killed her mother, Mintwhisker, which was a British Shorthair. Lilyflight is a Van cat, she has a tough childhood. Now, we don't know what happened to her brother, I'm curious, though," He said.

I was spooked. After Badgerkit said that, some cat yelled, "That's your daughter!"

So much drama was taking place, it was annoying and stressful.

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter was shorter than last chapter, I made Ivydawn basically have a bad day in this chapter because today, I'm not really feeling good. Don't ever expect for these chapters to be naturally short, I'm a writer, so I want to make long chapters and plenty to read. It would be awesome if I could make a movie once I finish too, but let's be patient. I'm feeling horrible and sleepy. But hopefully everyone else is BLESSED! <3 Love EVERYWHERE! -imp0ssible_y3ra OUT. Now go crack some eggs with bunnies.

Sunday, April 12, 2020 (Easter! Haha)