Being an Apprentice: Chapter 3

A couple moons past by and I finally became an apprentice. I actually hunt bunnies and mice now, which is fun, but incredibly tiring. I work very hard just to support my family and their needs. Me and Badgerpaw remained friends, and I don't think anything more but friendship will be us. "Ivydawn, come here! You gotta see this!"

I ran towards Berrybird and Patchtail. "Hey guys, what's up?" I asked.

"Look at Patchtail's scar! It's huge!" Berrybird said, laughing at his brother.

I rolled my eyes. "I thought somebody died and you yell from far distance because of some scar that isn't even really bad. Go to the medicine cat, she's really nice. Her name is Ambernose. She's a cute cat," I said, licking his scar.

Patchtail nodded his head and walked away. "That cat doesn't have luck in life. He's a hunter, and he already lost one life. I am worried for him," Berrybird said, looking down at the grass.

"Aw, look at you being a caring big brother! You're worried for him. Speaking of being worried for somebody, I am concerned about Nightpuddle and Flowerfrost. I haven't seen them since the day I picked up Sharpfur from the kittypet home," I said, licking my paw.

Berrybird looked up at me, "Yes, I am worried about my brother. I love him. And about those two, Nightpuddle has a mate, they ran away together. Her name is Heathertail. And about Flowerfrost, she died," he said, licking my ears.

"Flowerfrost is dead!?" I yelled.

Lilysky walked towards me, "Unfortunately, she is. Her spirits will live on, forever, but it seems as if she'll return. She won't, ever. I am sorry that you found out by your brother, which I've told him not to tell you, but now you know. And Nightpuddle is long gone, we don't even know if he's alive or not, which I hope he is. And Heathertail, ugh, why did they fall in love? She's from Marine clan, the strongest clan you'll ever come across. If any of those cats speak to you, ignore them," Lilysky said, as she tried to comfort me.

"Don't try to comfort me! I was concerned many moons ago and now that I'm older and a apprentice, you tell me that she's dead? Seriously, maybe your father was right. Your rights of being a leader shouldn't be. If anyone could deny that fact, I'd start it," I said, running to my den.

Berrybird stood there, confused and shocked. "Please ignore what she just said, she obviously doesn't mean it, she's in that mood where she wants nothing more but her friends," Berrybird said, running towards our den.

Badgerpaw walked in my den. "Hey Ivydawn. I got you a rabbit, just in case you were hungry," he said, looking gorgeous as always.

I tried to get over my feelings for him but I just don't know. I honestly don't care, my friend is dead! "How did Flowerfrost die?" I asked Badgerpaw.

"Oh, Flowerfrost, my mother..." he mumbled.

"Your mom? She's your mom?" I asked.

"Yes. She died many moons ago. She got killed by Firespots, a big tabby cat in Marine clan. He's a very strong cat, we wouldn't last a chance against him," he said.

"And, is Nightpuddle alive?" I asked.

"Oh, yes. I saw him with his mate. She's really rude, I think she's evil. Well, most likely is because she's from Marine clan," Badgerpaw said.

I looked at him, scratching my ear. "Heathertail?"

"Yeah, Heathertail," he said.

Berrybird walked inside the den, "What is your problem? Did you seriously disrespect the leader of this clan?"