Star: Chapter 10

Three moons past by, and my kits were starting to become a little taller. Spiderspring became our leader, which made him Spiderstar and Blackthorn was our deputy. "Hey, Ivydawn. Thanks for not sending your kits to another clan. I took your destiny," Spiderstar said.

"Lilysky was a leader, but didn't take star. Star or not, she was a shining one. Now enough bragging. If you die, my father will become leader," I hissed.

"Don't hiss at me in front of your kits!" Spiderstar hissed back.

I walked outside the den, with my kits following. I did not like my leader. Lilysky wanted me to become the leader. Blackthorn would be a great leader, but he is incredibly demanding. I would break many of his rules. Despite how much Spiderstar breaks the warrior code, especially training in the Dark Forest, I surprisingly hoped Marine clan cats killed him instead of Lilysky. Willowkit walked towards me. "Hey, little one!"

"Hi! Can me, Rosekit, Dewkit and Mistykit go outside the territory yet!" he asked.

"Not yet, not until you're a warrior," I said.

Of course, basic Spiderstar insults my parenting. "Let me raise my kits!" I meowed.

"Ivydawn, I love your kits, but you had kits with the wrong one. You had kits with my friend's son," he said.

"What's wrong with Badgerblaze?" I asked.

Spiderstar laughed. "Everything! He is very loyal to the clan, you and your family, but Berrybird would've been a much better mate. A Siamese Persian mix would be adorable," Spiderstar said.

"Has it not crossed your mind that Berrybird is my brother? My foster brother!" I hissed.

Spiderstar walked away. "Wrong tom!" 

I ignored him, disgustingly. My brother!  Berrybird walked towards me. "I heard about your kits," he said.

"Where have you been?" I asked. "You seem as if you've been missing."

"I just ran away with my mate for a while," Berrybird said.

Rosekit and Mistykit walked towards me, complaining. "Our brothers are annoying!"

 "That's the thing about brothers," I said, looking at Berrybird.

Berrybird laughed and walked away, heading outside the territory. "Berrybird!" I hissed, running towards him. "Who is your mate anyways?" 

"Missingshade, she's in Marine clan," he said.

I scratched his face. "Are you a mousebrain? A Marine patrol attacked Waterfall clan cats, killing Lilysky! That's why everyone is calling Spiderspring with the suffix star!"

"I'll tell them to not attack our clan and to attack Desert or Meadow clan, okay?" He said, walking outside.

I chose not to stop him. Furbrain! I walked towards Spiderstar. "Berrybird is meeting with a Marine clan she-cat, named Missingshade," I said.

"Really? We'll need more patrols, marking trees with their own blood. We need to kill at least eight of their cats," Spiderstar said.

This is the complete opposite on how I wanted him to handle this situation, but I can't stop him. "Okay."

Everyone was outside of their dens. "Warriors, come to my den!" Spiderspring ordered.

I was already inside his den, I saw Badgerblaze walk inside. "Why are you already here?" he whispered.

"My brother is meeting up with another cat, specifically in Marine clan, now Spiderstar wants to attack them," I whispered back.

Badgerblaze stood up, and all nineteen warriors were inside the den. "We have forty cats in this clan. You are the only queen, Ivydawn. You will not be fighting against Marine clan. We are at war. We have to combine Meadow clan and Waterfall clan together. In total, we'll have sixty-six clan cats, since Meadow clan only has twenty-six. They lost a lot of warriors. They have no leader either," Spiderstar said.

"Who can convince Duskflight to combine?" I asked.

"You. You were the only cat in this clan with a close connection with Lilysky. Lilysky is also his daughter," Spiderstar said.

My eyes widened. "I'll help out. Those cats aren't as reckless as Marine cats."

"Thanks, Ivydawn. You should've been my deputy," Spiderstar said, in front of Blackthorn, his best friend.

Blackthorn walked outside the den, angrily. I walked outside. "Father, he doesn't mean that. Now if you excuse me, I have Meadow clan cats to convince."

I walked outside the territory and walked inside Meadow clan. The cats hissed. "Enough!" Duskflight demanded.

"Hi, Duskflight. If you haven't heard, Lilysky passed away. A marine clan cat killed her while their patrol attacked us," I said.

Duskflight cried. "My only daughter died!" 

"Will you combine your clan with my clan?" I asked.

"Of course not. Get out of here!" he hissed.

I ran outside because the Meadow clan cats would've attacked me. Twenty-five over one won't work for me. "Spiderstar, they declined," I said, panting.

"Okay. I can't decide what I want to do!" he hissed.

I stood there, very stiff. "Well, it was your choice to become a leader..." 

"Hey, Ivydawn. Forget about Badgerblaze, come down to me," he said, rubbing his tail under my chin.

I walked towards my kits. Spiderstar walked inside his den. It was night, so my kits slept. Another three moons went by. My kits were apprentices. "Hey, Mistypaw! I said.

"Hi mama!" Mistypaw said.

My kits were assigned their mentors, so me and Badgerblaze had time to sleep. We didn't want Spiderspring to make evil choices. "What are we gonna do?" Badgerblaze whispered.

"I don't know... we have time."